Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    Alright good for you. So what did that wounderful piece of Mazda iron cost you. Smittys thats on the south side of town, the engine looks fairly clean, how many miles.
    $400, 74k miles. Engine is spotless aside for dust. No oil on it anywhere other than around the oil cap. So excited to get it going!!

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    A dual-motor GTP, but you should fire your mechanic. They did a horrible job of installing it.
    :lol: Sadly it would nearly double the power in it! It's just an 88 SE with the 2.8
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Well glad to see you were able to buy such a nice engine and clean with 74K so why are you on here get out there and spin a wrench, with a little luck you should be done by this time tomorrow. April 20 there is a meet in Minn you can do it.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Not, quite, but I AM making good progress!

Got the new engine spotless, and the old engine almost completely disconnected.

Still need an EGT TB and a B61K ECM though
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
          I got mine off an old Protege. Has variable intermittent wipe.
          Do you mean BG or BF chassis? I here we have only 323, so not sure wich model you mean.. I really want adjustable intermittent wipe..

But with my 121, I had fun day, "big service", engine oil change, gearbox oil change, fuel filter change, valve cap adjustment.

And also I installed remote controller central locking! that's sweet!
          Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
          It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• I believe the Protege is known as the Familia overseas.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maikel View Post
              And also I installed remote controller central locking! that's sweet!
              Yep, can't go wrong with installing central locking.

I installed a $35 kit in mine, and it hasn't let me down yet. Best $35 I have spent on the car so far.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• The daily driver got treated with some new to me alloys
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Looks Good! What springs are you running under it?
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    Yep, can't go wrong with installing central locking.

I installed a $35 kit in mine, and it hasn't let me down yet. Best $35 I have spent on the car so far.
                    Yep, I still have to install wires to blinkers. It's funny tought that I have bought the car for 300€ I have remote for locking the car, and I wouldn't have to reach for passenger side door to lock it.

And I forgot to add, I also changed the theromstat to orginal 2-way wax element.. Funny thing is that normal list price is 69€...
                    Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                      I believe the Protege is known as the Familia overseas.
                      Daem. Still it's 323.. Basically everyhing between GLC and 3 are 323's
                      BA sedan is 323 Familia, but it's years 95-98, can you mean that new?

Comment

• Wash n' wax. Lookin' shiny and clean. Too bad there are water spots waxed in now me and my poor toweling job
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• yanked the engine, and split the tranny from it just for something to do on an easter sunday... Is it bad when I call this preventitive maintenance?

90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                          BEFORE AFTER

Comment

• Touched up my flat black, bumpers and sides, and put my rear threaded rod back in. Which I take out for the winter months here in Wisconsin.

Comment

• Scored some 13" steelies from the junkyard this morning. Came home and scrubbed all the scunge off of them. Total dime-store upgrade, but better than the stock 12"s I have been running on for the past 4 years. Time to shop for tires! Also, found out about the Las Vegas Meet coming up 12-14 April! Only 4 or 5 attending so far, anyone else want to come? Wait, does what I just did qualify as a bump?
                              "DORIS": 1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver 71K Miles

Comment

• Found out my rear wheels have some negative camber, passenger side only has a hair of negative camber, but the driver side is pretty bad, bad enough to have uneven wear on the tire.

So it looks like the torsion beam is bent, can't replace it until I have the money for the struts as well. (Lower strut bolt head is sheared off on driver's side)
                                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X