Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaced the alternator and replaced the belts...still not running well..

Comment

• I removed the rear seat brackets today. Cargo mode.

Comment

• Realized my boot kit won't work on my Rio calipers so now I need to figure out where I can get them...
        93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• Did some work on my 1990 Surf Blue today:
          Removed the windshield washer reservoir, cleaned it out and repaired the leaking filler spout.
          Replaced the left front steering knuckle with one that I pulled at LKQ back in March.
          The bearing in the old one is still good but the rotor is better on the replacement one. Tie rod end and ball joint were still good.

Comment

• Cut off the rotten exhaust and also cut out the seized control arm

Now to just get that half attached captive nut out................
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Took off the 13" wheels, tires, & extension & put on the 12" wheels and Daytona 155R12 steel belted radial tires today! Drove it and felt good. No rubbing on the wheel wells either.

I did this because the Aspire swap has not been done on this car & I feel keeping everything stock is good for the suspension and front end ..... Until the Aspire swap can be done! I like most things original anyway.

I also put on the rear wiper arm. Found out the cargo light in the back still works. I just had a corroded connection.

Cleaned/detailed the inside of the car from all the nicotine/smoke crap inside.
              Last edited by muleskinner; 04-13-2013, 08:53 PM.
              1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
              1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
              2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
              2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
              2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
              1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Got the Oil Pan all cleaned up and put back on, new plugs in her and cleaned up the engine bay so its ready for engine install tomorrow.... Oh and then cause I was bored I cleaned up my new toy too...

90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                BEFORE AFTER

Comment

• Had a hectic time getting my old front main seal out but got it changed out with a new one, ordered new resonator pipe and muffler yesterday got in put on this afternoon, so much more quiet now. now time to figure out why my passenger brake light isnt coming on. thought it was blown but put new one in and still nothing, time for repair forum i think
                  '93 Ford Festiva "RedRum"
                  L Series, 5 Speed, Fun-Top
                  Renaissance W. R.

Comment

• Cleaned out the engine bay and forward-and-backward flushed the heater core several times, a diisgusting amount of nasty came out.

Ever nearing!
                    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM.
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                      I also put on the rear wiper arm. Found out the cargo light in the back still works. I just had a corroded connection. .
                      CORRECTION: Its the dome light not the cargo light.

On the Cargo light, there is no switch on the door latch. When they swaped hatch backs I guess, that car didn't have a cargo light.
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Cleaned out the engine bay and forward-and-backward flushed the heater core several times, a diisgusting amount of nasty came out.
                        The part you can't see, is the possible 25 year disgusting amount of nasty built up on the fins of the heater core, since Festivas don't have cabin filters. A summertime job. Has anyone ever tried puting an inspection camera into the blower housing? It might be a plan (if it works) to buy one on the Bay, and mail it around from member to member. The problem is that you have to pull out the blower fan, set it to heat and close the top duct so that the inspection snake can first be fed forward and up before curving downward to the heater core. I will find out where the Dewalt guys are demonstrating their stuff and take my spare blower assembly to see what I can see.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 04-14-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Replaced the distributor and no dice. Still only runs advanced all the way. Going to replace the wiring harness to it first. If that doesn't do it only replacing the VFM and coil and considering it done. No way it could slipped timing just as tight and it was before.
                          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Was backing up my Festiva and turning the wheel ... It finally happened! The drive axle blew out or broke. It has been loosing greese out the one boot .... Even though the boot looked fine ...... for a few weeks and it finally went!
                            I had it scheduled to go get it worked on, on Friday. Now I'll have to have it towed.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                              The drive axle blew out or broke.
                              I had it scheduled to go get it worked on, on Friday. Now I'll have to have it towed.
                              Don't you love how that works out? You could drive on something for 2 years (or three weeks!), clicking and all, and have no issues.. finally go to do something about it? Blam. Lol.

Hope you weren't far from home!

-Joe
                              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                              1988 LX 5-speed
                              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• my cars been a clicking since i bought the thing. only when i turn right now. does that diagnose 100% which side is bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X