Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't even looked at it... have to focus on getting my Diesel Mule [F250] tranny swapped before I even think about a Festiva again... Plus some/all of the other work it needs. :/

Comment

• Washed and waxed it. Cleaned interior.
      Tightened up the alternator belt I installed last week. Determined the source of an annoying rattle was my threaded rod rear sway bar. Tightened up the nuts on that. Check and added transmission fluid. Passenger axle seal is leaking.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Just fixed the e-brake pivot on the driver's side since it was seized solid, but as I was testing the brake to see that they were put together properly, the cylinder sprayed brake fluid everywhere. *sigh*

Looks like it is off to autozone!
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Auto adjusters fixed, new brake cylinder installed, brakes bled, and everything back together. Will work on the passenger side tomorrow, hopefully I won't burst another cylinder.

I MIGHT need another adjuster on the drivers side, since the teeth were pretty worn and didn't really want to bite.

Comment

• I also received my beauty rings from Torque Effect. The two he sent are shinier than the two I already had.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Put the shiny ones both on one side! No one will be the wiser!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                Put the shiny ones both on one side! No one will be the wiser!

Mother's Mag polish. Make them all look amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                  I also received my beauty rings from Torque Effect. The two he sent are shinier than the two I already had.
                  Yeah after I bought my Festy, they were the only two on there, and they were as dirty as can be, I didn't even notice there was even rings on the wheels until I looked closer. lol

I would have kept them on mine after I had cleaned them, but only had the two, and they didn't look too good to me against the black painted steelies, at least in my opinion.

Comment

• My rings don't fit right. Leaves a quarter inch gap. Depressing.
                    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• $330 rockauto order!!!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                        My rings don't fit right. Leaves a quarter inch gap. Depressing.
                        Mine have a gap, too.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Last Monday: finally bought 5 wheels I've been searchingfor / coordinating to get from Canada. They are enroute and will be on my front porch tomorrow. Also bought some parts at my local Ford dealer. Should be here next week.

Today: heading to a JY to look for brown rear seat quarter panels.
                          Last edited by Twistiva; 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM.
                          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Did the passenger's side auto adjuster, it actually wasn't seized or stiff at all, but I put the one with the better teeth that I loosened up, on it anyway.

e-brake grabs a little better but still not good enough, I think the cable is stretched, because it is tightened all the way down, and the brakes still barely engage.

God these parking brakes are poorly designed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Did the passenger's side auto adjuster, it actually wasn't seized or stiff at all, but I put the one with the better teeth that I loosened up, on it anyway.

e-brake grabs a little better but still not good enough, I think the cable is stretched, because it is tightened all the way down, and the brakes still barely engage.

God these parking brakes are poorly designed.
                              Driverone told me about the adjuster on the rear beam, that helped some too.
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Cut the control arms off the car... time to remove the cages and get some bolts.

Need strut bolts and nuts too. Can't wait for all of this to be done... going through anti-seize and grease like crazy!
                                93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

Working...
                                X