Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^x2. try swapping at top of fuel filter and return going in next to the fuel filter.
    Last edited by RhodeStiva; 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM.
    ;
    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• I'm pretty sure they're correct as is... fuel goes through the regulator before it gets to the injectors right?

It's currently fuel filter to top line, to regulator, to injector rail itself, to bottom line to tank. Is that wrong?

Just swapped in the known good regulator from the B3 and no luck. Does that mean I have a bad pump? It worked before....
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
        I'm pretty sure they're correct as is... fuel goes through the regulator before it gets to the injectors right?

It's currently fuel filter to top line, to regulator, to injector rail itself, to bottom line to tank. Is that wrong?

Just swapped in the known good regulator from the B3 and no luck. Does that mean I have a bad pump? It worked before....

well, its free to find out if they are backwards or not. Worth a shot to swap em.

Comment

• I'm willing to bet it'll run if I switch it, but it may also wreck my injectors.
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Oh my god, I'm retarded. That IS the problem. I am sure it will start now, but I have to go to work, don't have enough time to put it back together and try it!!
            Buck.

Comment

• Well, I got started, but it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow so it's gonna have to wait til Saturday or Sunday for installation!

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Oh my god, I'm retarded. That IS the problem. I am sure it will start now, but I have to go to work, don't have enough time to put it back together and try it!!
                The line from the fuel filter runs straight to the fuel rail. The line from the regulator runs back to the tank.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• An engineering club I belong to at my school helped put new shelves for the machine shop. They were going to trash the old ones, so one professor and I split them. My friend joking asked me if I was going to put it in my tiny little car.

Then I did.

Now I have three big metal shelves, with no where to put them. I wonder if my girlfriend would beat me if I put them in the apartment...
                  '97 Aspire

Comment

• Picked up an '86 B6 w/130K out of a really nice 323 for my blown up car. Also scored a steering wheel from an '82 RX7. It was in such great shape, I got it for $10.....lol. I think I can save it though. I also spotted a car some one here might want to save. It's an '88 Mazda 323 sport, turbo, AWD. It's all there and nice and straight and they have the title. All for $650, I gave $300 for the SOHC B6. The problem is bottom end, spun bearing or something. I'm going to post it in (FS), hope someone saves it. I may get crazy and get it myself.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• IT RUNS!!!!

How hot do y'all's B6's valve covers get? Mine got hot enough to burn skin instantly after only a few minutes of running...? Coolant temp never went up any

Sounded great, though couldn't hear much of the engine over the exhaust.
                      Buck.

Comment

• bought new front brake rotors. going try get them on this weekend and put on a passenger side mirror
                        Last edited by 90fastiva; 05-17-2013, 08:43 PM.
                        1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                        1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                        2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                        2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                        2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                        1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

• Cleaned, and applied Rain-X to all the windows, including the Rain-X Antifog for the interior.

Defrost in these cars are almost useless without A/C, so hopefully this antifog stuff will help.
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-17-2013, 08:53 PM.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                            Cleaned, and applied Rain-X to all the windows, including the Rain-X Antifog for the interior.

Defrost in these cars are almost useless without A/C, so hopefully this antifog stuff will help.
                            Good stuff... hopefully that helps a little bit. I wonder what impact a rear spoiler has on this issue... seems like it would keep a bit of rain off, especially when moving forward.
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

IT RUNS!!!!
                              AWESOME!!!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I think most of the splash will come up from the road onto the backlite.
                                The only reason I added a spoiler was to cut down on the sun's glare a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X