Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered the turbo muffler and high flow cat and picked up my cleaned parts for my B6 swap.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Ordered a power window kit for it.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Bought a turbo!
        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Yanked the perfectly good mid-mile B3 out, hacksawed the welded exhaust and pulled that out, too. Noticed that I must've dragged the car over something at some point because the left side full-length stiffening rail is dented like crazy and the fuel tank has a huge dent in it as well.

Pulled all the A/C components without breaking anything in case anyone wants them. Fins on the condenser are a little beat up, but a radiator comb can fix that easily.

Everything was still under pressure when I opened the system up, so I had to close it back up and have a friend come over with his A/C service crap and suck all the refrigerant out.

Afaik it's factory installed and actually worked. Been too long since I drove the car to confirm it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            Ordered a power window kit for it.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
            Yes I forgot, I bought Rio power windows from 91bluefestiva.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
              Yanked the perfectly good mid-mile B3 out, hacksawed the welded exhaust and pulled that out, too. Noticed that I must've dragged the car over something at some point because the left side full-length stiffening rail is dented like crazy and the fuel tank has a huge dent in it as well.

Pulled all the A/C components without breaking anything in case anyone wants them. Fins on the condenser are a little beat up, but a radiator comb can fix that easily.

Everything was still under pressure when I opened the system up, so I had to close it back up and have a friend come over with his A/C service crap and suck all the refrigerant out.

Afaik it's factory installed and actually worked. Been too long since I drove the car to confirm it though.
              How much you want for that and do you wanna bring it to Madness?
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
                finally got my valve seals replaced. Its only been a year since i noticed i needed them. Soon as i was done, i started the car up, and a good sized plume of smoke came out. dosen't that figure....
                Give it a day or 2 to clear out.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                  Give it a day or 2 to clear out.
                  ^^ and then on top of that, valve guides are SUPPOSED to run dry.

Hardened iron on cast iron, go figure that out...

A day or so and oil just past exhaust ports will burn and clean out. What you're seeing is whatever sitting in the manifold from old seal bypass id imagine

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                  Last edited by jason_; 08-17-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Installed map pockets from bravekozak in Trixie

They look like new:

Comment

• ^wow, those are clean!!
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Thanks...
                        Had some scuffs but they came right off....best thing I've found to clean the plastic parts is a Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge and water.
                        Cleans it up like Magic.

Comment

• Anyone want a B3?

Carb and carby intake?

Usable used clutch and flywheel/pressure plate?

Cargo covers?

Green hatch that's been poorly painted black? [could probably clean the crappy black off it and have the green back]

Set of tail lights?

Fenders?

Doors?

Any other random parts?

I gotta finance this crap somehow...

[I can deliver stuff within a reasonable distance for fuel money... my van only gets about 18MPG though unless I borrow dad's Festy]
                          Last edited by Christ; 08-17-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• FINALLY put in the air horn. Sounds great!! YAY!! Deer get out of my way!!!
                            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Starting to get pretty frustrated with the BP swap right now, it's pretty fricken tight in the engine bay and we've only managed to get one mount attached at this point due to the 5th gear cover hanging up on the driver's framerail. Probably have to pull it all the way out to get enough room to swing a hammer in there.
                              Owner of:
                              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                              In progress:
                              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                                ^^ and then on top of that, valve guides are SUPPOSED to run dry.

Hardened iron on cast iron, go figure that out...

A day or so and oil just past exhaust ports will burn and clean out. What you're seeing is whatever sitting in the manifold from old seal bypass id imagine

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                                The smoke does seem to be getting thinner and thinner. It still leaks massive amounts of oil, but at least it wont burn it, lol
                                1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Working...
                                X