Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same thing happened to me with my e-brake when i swapped over but i wasnt as lucky =( but fortunately i have a good aspire one now for my brake swap this weekend/next week
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
      That mirror looks familiar!
      Last edited by Prafeston; 06-18-2013, 05:11 PM.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        That mirror looks familiar!
        :thumbup:

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Apologies if I offend anyone.
          image.jpg
          Josh Z.

Comment

• Oh nothin much, just cut my roof off....

Comment

• Originally posted by gurry624 View Post
              Oh nothin much, just cut my roof off....

Does the windscreen support nit bend backwards under pressure when driving? Do you have plans to support it?

-James
              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Haven't drivin it yet, but I am going to support it. Along with making a frame support for the car

Comment

• Originally posted by gurry624 View Post
                  Haven't drivin it yet, but I am going to support it. Along with making a frame support for the car
                  Awesome. Post pics when she's all done!

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                    Awesome. Post pics when she's all done!

-James
                    I post everything I do in my build thread.

Comment

• Kia Pride conversion, park/turn conversion, and fog lights. Oh moved the plate too.
                      image.jpg
                      Josh Z.

Comment

• I love the way that grille looks. Do it white and chop out that middle bar and add some mesh. She'll be sexxxaaayyyy

-James

Comment

• Decided to go mount my long tube today.
                          Took out my current header and put the oher one on for fitment.
                          And to our suprise it didn't fit because there was a yet to be seen variable.
                          An undiscovered beast lurking to stop you from modifying your car lol.

On the 96-97 aspires there is a housing where the lower radiator hose connects to the block.
                          And it prevented me from installing the header.

Called up Matt-D-Meyer and sent him some pics and apparently this is only obdII equipped vehicles.
                          So I drained my coolant and removed the header to get to the housing.
                          Took the housing off and mailed it to matt for some (chop/shorten/weld back together) action.
                          So that there will be no more fitment issues.

He said next time he does an obdII aspire he will move the number one primary over about .5"-1"
                          So there will be no issues. I am the test mule.

So now my car is sitting out front with no header,coolant, and paper towel filled holes for the time being.

I am working on making 02 sensor and air fuel sensor extensions
                          so hopefully I don't have to chop any wiring.
                          Just plug and play.
                          I have the 2 connectors for the HO2S to make one.
                          But I am missing the 1 wire female connector with wire from the harness side
                          To complete the extension.
                          I would buy premade extensions if possible but I'm having a hard time finding any.

I have an appointment for the exhaust shop on July 8.
                          Gonna get a 2" mandrel bent stainless bent up
                          along with the ss magnaflow muffler, resonator, and catalytic converter.
                          And new O2 sensor down stream and upstream.

So close now!

Now I just need to find a new home for my old header.
                          Last edited by rmoltis; 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM.
                          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by XFSE71 View Post
                            I backed #30 out of the garage and smelled smoke ... burning electrical wiring ... shut it off bailed pulled the neg batt cable (I leave it loose). Now I have no MIL and no throttle kicker. Car won't idle AC on and falters with any electrical load. Now I'm looking at the wiring to the ECA for where the damage is .... hope it's not in the ECA itself. I see no burned insulation.
                            Update: Yes the ECA was the source of smoke. I pulled it out and apart. A chip has severely burned (let the smoke out).
                            Now I'm in the process of identifying the causal part. Pin by pin looking for high current flow into ECA.
                            '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                            '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                            '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

• Installed an aspire mc the other day. Started rebuilding the driver side aspire knuckle.
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by XFSE71 View Post
                                Update: Yes the ECA was the source of smoke. I pulled it out and apart. A chip has severely burned (let the smoke out).
                                Now I'm in the process of identifying the causal part. Pin by pin looking for high current flow into ECA.
                                Found it! The FCBA-B R/BL tested @ 9.7Ω all the others were 74Ω. I don't have an explanation for the FCBA.
                                '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                                '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                                '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

Working...
                                X