Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed a big ole ricer tach! So fast!
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• I started flushing my coolant system today, using good old Cascade. Cascade and water mix is sitting in the car now, just waiting for it to cool down before draining it and rinsing.

Originally posted by defprun View Post
      Installed a big ole ricer tach! So fast!
      I am sure it added a whole 10HP. lol
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        You sir are the perfect candidate for a cabin air filter also. I would hate to look in your ductwork unless you leave it in the closed position.
        I try to leave it closed but it dont help alot. Every time i turn on my front facing vents i am in a mini sand storm. Did you have anything in mind for this fabled cabin air filter? I remember you talking about it a while back but didnt read too much after that. I may have to get a piece of cloth rub oil on it like a k&n filter.

3-4 months ago, this was a new air filter....
        Attached Files
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          I started flushing my coolant system today, using good old Cascade. Cascade and water mix is sitting in the car now, just waiting for it to cool down before draining it and rinsing.

I am sure it added a whole 10HP. lol
          Movin really made a convincing argument, considering what I plan on running for a cooling system it will definately need that flush.

I painting the tach so it looks like it came with it...ish lol.
          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Here is the cabin air filter post. All you need to make two of them is a Fram Freshbreeze CF8921A filter and a roll of 7/16" X 3/4" adhesive foam tape. Good luck.

Comment

• Saw the thread about using Cascade for coolant flush so I picked up some from the store and I will be doing that tomorrow.

Today I realized my e brake popped this morning and the metal bracket that goes side to side on the axle beam broke so the rubber stirrups are allowing too much movement... yay. Oh well ordered an Aspire e brake assembly so I can do my swap soon (ordered brake hoses today as well) so I should be able to have the rear swap done soon. Need to get my new tires mounted and balanced to the new wheels and I'll be ready to take on the rear swap. Then it's the anguishing wait until payday (Friday) so I can order control arms, tie rod ends, and brake hoses to do my Rio swap on the front (01 Rio stuff). Ready to have my go kart ready so I can start worrying about POWER.
              93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• where did you order the aspire e brake from? and what hoses are you talking about?
                91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                  I painting the tach so it looks like it came with it...ish lol.
                  You painted the tach too? That's gotta be another 5HP!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Painted and installed my Spoiler! painted my Caps too, just need to install them too.

Also got my rails and underseat tray ready to install this week....
                    Last edited by gestiva; 03-11-2013, 11:58 PM.
                    93L sold. First FESTY!
                    91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                    91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                    89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                    93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                    89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                    93GL Sold Too Soon!
                    91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

• Looking good!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Just finished my cooling system flush.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I like the spoiler gestiva
                          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I looked at it sinking further into thr grass as the snow melts , some day it may pop up in china and some kid will dig it up like a dinasour relic lmfao

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Aspire brake hoses since the Festy ones don't fit apparently.

And I used car-part.com to locate a yard close to me with the assembly. Called them up to verify it was what I needed and got it ordered lol.
                              93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• Finally did a tune up and cleaned the IAC out. It idles alot better now, but i still gotta get the intake tube replaced. Thats gonna have to wait till payday. And I still havent found the source of squishyness in my steering at speed. No play in anything, shocks are good and nothing has changed on the car. The steering hasnt gotten worse, but it hasnt gotten better. Still loving the festiva though!
                                1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Working...
                                X