Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebush357
    replied
    Finished grinding down my Brake Calipers in the front so that the new wheels won't hit them.
    20160608_202915.jpg
    Sucky part is that I just painted them about 3 months ago...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by firebush357; 06-09-2016, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    Getting my rack ready for install. This is how I sealed/tied in the power steering ports.
    20160608_211851.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Drove it hard to get to work on time.

Also the a stock Exedy clutch is holding the BP's power perfectly fine. Almost completely broken in too if it isn't already.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    A few odds and ends on the kids car. Timing belt, alternator belt, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
    Should be good for a little bit

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well found out the grinding sound was coming from the alternator pulley rubbing the fender under heavy acceleration.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Try Tire Easy .com.
    I got 4 165/60-13's delivered for $160.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Thanks. They have a lot more choices.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    image.jpg

Ive bought several sets of tires from these people, always great service.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    165 55 14 will fit the car much better and the car will drive and handle better than the wider, and taller tires. These cars get better traction with narrower tires. The 165mm tires will fit nicely on 6.5" rims.
    I can't seem to find any 165/55/14 tires online anywhere but I did find 165/65/14 tires at TireKingdom. 165mm is exactly 6.5 inches wide, does that let the sidewall bulge out any? I'm not really fond of the stretched tire look that some people are going for on the cambered cars nowadays. I've also found some 175/65/14 tires but they aren't much shorter than the original tires and may rub.

Also another factor I'm debating is the price. The 185/60/14s are about $42 each where the 165/65/14s are about $97 each.

I would also like to mention that I am running the stock B3 engine as of right now so there won't be a whole lot of power going to these wheels. There is plans for Nitrous in the future but only after I get a Wideband so I don't lean out.

Thanks for the advice anyone has.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Brown View Post
    The wife and I are in process of buying a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom house with lots of rooms on 1.2 acres of land that has a 3-year old 30 x 33-ft full steel workshop on it wire with 110 & 220-volt.

The workshop is for my fleet: 1990 5-spd street car, 1993 5-spd parts car, 1993 shell soon to be race car, 1996 wrecked Aspire for suspension & brakes and a soon to be picked up from Brian in West Virginia 1993 Festiva with a 1.8 BP engine, G transmission, reworked suspension, big brakes, 14-in rims etc.

We should be moving in sometime in July and if anyone wants to help move unlicensed and barely roadworthy Festiva's about a mile over public roads, plus about a million boxes, let me know!!!

Payment is with burgers, beer and a bed for the night!

Doug Brown
    New Bern, NC
    If I were physically able, I'd come help for the trip to New Bern, love your town.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    165 55 14 will fit the car much better and the car will drive and handle better than the wider, and taller tires. These cars get better traction with narrower tires. The 165mm tires will fit nicely on 6.5" rims.
    Thanks, I made the mistake of getting the 185's and have regretted it. Will get 165 when I wear these out.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Drove it to my girlfriend, and netted 38MPG. Really good for a BP. That was doing 70-75 most of the trip too.

Also the VICS butterfly valves I had forced open with zip ties. May remove that though, and let the ECU do it's thing, because it does seem very sluggish from a stop with them always open.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-05-2016, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Brown
    replied
    The wife and I are in process of buying a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom house with lots of rooms on 1.2 acres of land that has a 3-year old 30 x 33-ft full steel workshop on it wire with 110 & 220-volt.

The workshop is for my fleet: 1990 5-spd street car, 1993 5-spd parts car, 1993 shell soon to be race car, 1996 wrecked Aspire for suspension & brakes and a soon to be picked up from Brian in West Virginia 1993 Festiva with a 1.8 BP engine, G transmission, reworked suspension, big brakes, 14-in rims etc.

We should be moving in sometime in July and if anyone wants to help move unlicensed and barely roadworthy Festiva's about a mile over public roads, plus about a million boxes, let me know!!!

Payment is with burgers, beer and a bed for the night!

Doug Brown
    New Bern, NC

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
    I picked up a set of 14x6.5 Eagle Alloys from a guy the other day for $80, they are in great shape. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19689[/ATTACH] The tires that are on them now are 195/60/14's and are dry rotted but I'm going to replace them with 185/60/14's because the 195mm tires rubbed just a little bit on the fender at a full turn and the 185mm should be about 12mm shorter. I test fitted them and realized that the rim was hitting the front Brake Calipers so i just took an angle grinder to it and shaved the caliper down a few mm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19690[/ATTACH]
    Being 6.5 inches wide they stick out a little bit but they were only $80 and I think it is going to look good when I'm done.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    What brand of roof rack is that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X