Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    My '88 LX has a cloth headliner and the automatic models I've seen have a foam headliner. Do the later ones have holes for the cloth liner or does an '89 have a foam liner?
    \
    I think the 80s L models have a plain vinyl headliner with wires running through it, so the 80s LXs had a cloth headliner. I don't know how they are mounted to the roof, I did read that the vinyl liner just hooks into slots, while the foam board headliner does use holes.

But I'm thinking of skipping on the headliner, and just cut the pieces of the interior to cover the exposed metal. Kind of a custom job.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Yep vinyl uses hook/wire. I kept the wires from one in case I ever do another custom headliner. Doubt I will.

Comment

• Changed the fuel pump strainer, so now every single filter on the car has been changed since I bought the car.

Comment

• Doing a head job. Got the new head back $350 bones full valve job and seals and 2 exhaust valves were bent. may have had some burnt valves on the old one.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Not necessarily. I've thought the same and been surprised of zero pits or dips/gouge wearing.

Unburned fuel deposits can leave weird looks on valves and stems. Quality of fuel/fuel additives is another factor.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I run 93. Also need to get the injectors flow tested and cleaned. Looks like a lean condition. Also the pistons were clean on the edges.the deposits are pretty bad.
              Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 09-11-2013, 07:42 AM.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Fuel injector clinic has badass injectors Mike I can get them for 300. Let me know if I can help. They clean and flow test as well.
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Someone do me a favor and stick a level on the top of the transmission where it mounts to the engine... front to back, need to know if it's more or less level when the car is sitting out of gear on a flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                    Someone do me a favor and stick a level on the top of the transmission where it mounts to the engine... front to back, need to know if it's more or less level when the car is sitting out of gear on a flat.
                    Could have done that for you last night!

Last night: I have been having some problems with my clutch pedal being might hard to press in. So I tried lubing the cable. Nada. Tried to get some oil on the throwout bearing from outside by removing the starter, No joy. Last weekend, it even began slipping a little.

So, I bought a throwout bearing, and an entire clutch set. I also had energy suspension bushings with home made plates made and ready, as well as new control arm bushings at the sway bar link. I have had a tiny leak at the passenger side axle seal since I put this trans in used, so I had one of those as well.

Last night, got home from work, and went to work. Pulled the trans. Although there was no noise, the release bearing was hard to move on the input shaft, so I lubed it up, tried it again, still hard to move. Threw the new one in, slapped the trans on with a couple bolts, put the cable back in, EZPZ. Installed the new axle seal. Doesn't leak now.

Now, to the bad news.

I did an aspire swap when my front bearings needed replaced back in June, and I HAD to be in Florida right away, my father was in hospice. I just used what was on the donor vehicle and took off. Drivers side brake hose is leaking a tiny bit, and it manages to go right across the control arm bushings, so I did get to do any bushings last night. Going to order one in today, and hope for the best while I drive! It seems to be coming from the threading going to the hard line itself, and there isn't any pedal sponge, so I hope all is good. At least my Ebrake works. Gonna replace the hard line from the proportioning valve as well.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Got what I needed. Sposta be basically level in its installed position. Now I can reference the engine to the installed position of the trans and save guesswork.

Comment

• Painted my valve cover today with VHT Wrinkle paint.

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Put on my deep dish hello kitty steering wheel from ebay, and threw on some old neoprene covers from another car
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Lol awesome steering wheel. I need to get a new one. Whenever its humid it falls apart in my hands.
                            91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                            06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                              Put on my deep dish hello kitty steering wheel from ebay, and threw on some old neoprene covers from another car
                              Minus the Hello Kitty, that is the exact steering wheel I have. Except mine came with a center piece that goes over the screw holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                                Hell with the steering wheel, I want to know were you got the luminous shifter knob!
                                That thing bright!

"One shifter knob to rule them all", or something to that effect!
                                Last edited by Pu241; 09-12-2013, 05:43 PM.
                                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                                '92 Aqua parts Car
                                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                                In fact...
                                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                                X