Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad Festiva day today. I went to the farm, opened the door and said what's that awful smell? I knew right away. Emptied it out. Three dead mice. Going to wash everything and disinfect. I threw them out before real rotting took place.
    Went to change my fuel pump gasket. Lifted the cover. Unbelievable! The only thing they didn't try to eat were my stainless fuel pump screws.
    Tried to remove the screw to replace the fuel pickup sock with a Denso.
    It wouldn't budge. Drill available, but no bit and many miles from the nearest hardware store.
    Moved rear plastic panels back into position. Plastic locator pin broke off.
    Took some measurements for mattdickmeyer and then went home.
    Eastern Beaver package waiting in the mail for me when I got home.
    Three different sized barrels. Will make sure I have some sticky traps the next time I visit.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      A bad Festiva day today. I went to the farm, opened the door and said what's that awful smell? I knew right away. Emptied it out. Three dead mice. Going to wash everything and disinfect. I threw them out before real rotting took place.
      Went to change my fuel pump gasket. Lifted the cover. Unbelievable! The only thing they didn't try to eat were my stainless fuel pump screws.
      Tried to remove the screw to replace the fuel pickup sock with a Denso.
      It wouldn't budge. Drill available, but no bit and many miles from the nearest hardware store.
      Moved rear plastic panels back into position. Plastic locator pin broke off.
      Took some measurements for mattdickmeyer and then went home.
      Eastern Beaver package waiting in the mail for me when I got home.
      Three different sized barrels. Will make sure I have some sticky traps the next time I visit.
      '

Yeah, I couldn't get the screw to budge either.

I just twisted the pump far enought to reveal the retainer ring so I could pop it off.
      It was a pain but I managed to change it out.

Still couldn't believe the fuel filter in mine was still the 22 year old one from the factory. I am also willing to be the strainer hadn't been changed either. God I love how the Japanese even built their econoboxes to last.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-12-2013, 09:54 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Pulled all suspension off aspire swapped it to my 91 gl.and put the old festy suspension back onto the aspire so i can use the toww dolly to scrap the aspire tomorrow.did all that in 6 hrs then left straight for work until 6 am.itll be a long night lol

Comment

• Mine came with that too, and a different rs sticker. The longer hardware was shiny so i kept with the recessed black allen fasteners

You guys are too much. I bought a green civic short shifter, its more like green giant canned peas cllor. Fail. Its just a brighf sunny day thru a high miles sandpitted windshield, but a photograph can never be duplicated ever that's how the subpar still claim their black and white photos of drug addicts digging in trash is art whoa stop go work on your car its not hot out....ok.
          Last edited by getnpsi; 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
            Painted my valve cover today with VHT Wrinkle paint.

Dang, I was hoping to be the first to do that...:gritteeth:
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              Put on my deep dish hello kitty steering wheel from ebay, and threw on some old neoprene covers from another car
              Kool wheel.....except maybe for the pink kitty....hmmmmmm
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I put on my Fordfestiva.com stickers today!!
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Changed oil/filter and plugs in Bessie, my 1990 Surf Blue. Had tires balanced and rotated last week.
                  Leaving on a trip to Louisville, KY in it tomorrow morning, back next Thursday.
                  Last edited by 1990new; 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• ^ have a safe trip!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• I had to drill out the shifter stabilizer bushing. The pipe was welded to the rubber with rust. I tried hammering but it didn't budge. This will not ever happen again. Permanent corrective action: Machine a 304 stainless pipe and install in a new Four Green bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                        ^ have a safe trip!
                        Thanks.... I'll be stopping in your town tomorrow for a family reunion at the Edneyville Community Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          I had to drill out the shifter stabilizer bushing. The pipe was welded to the rubber with rust. I tried hammering but it didn't budge. This will not ever happen again. Permanent corrective action: Machine a 304 stainless pipe and install in a new Four Green bush.
                          I'd say that is definitely a permanent fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            Thanks.... I'll be stopping in your town tomorrow for a family reunion at the Edneyville Community Center.
                            i wish i wasnt working tomorrow ill pm my # in case im out that way & if not ill see you @ madness. danny
                            Last edited by kumalaba; 09-13-2013, 08:19 PM.
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                              i wish i wasnt working tomorrow ill pm my # in case im out that way & if not ill see you @ madness. danny
                              Would be great to meet you tomorrow...but if not.. yes I will see you at Madness.

Comment

• Ordered me this sticker for the back window.

1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X