Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushed the 90% stock 1.3 to 105mph. Couldn't used OD. Had to use 4th. Not enough ballz.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• 105 is the top speed in a healthy stock 4 speed festy. 113 in 5th.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        Found out why Energy Suspension bushings suck.
        Why do they suck? You're scaring me.

Comment

• Finally got around to getting my interior back in the car, and have everything except the back seat in. Only to find that i still have two extra screws that for the life of me I can't figure out where they go.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
            Why do they suck? You're scaring me.
            Mine moved. I posted in the arena about it so I could cuss. If yours are not moving, I guess it isn't anything to worry about. I have come to the conclusion that YMMV, I know others with the same experience and some who have had no problems. I cut the brackets to pieces, and threw them in the quarry next to my house.
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              Today i received my carbon fiber film from ebay that im going to hit my grey replacement glove box with for practice tonight...Then im going to see how forgiving this junk is on multiple bumps and angles like on top of cluster and around the vin plate and defrost holes. If not completely terrible it will be what is used to finish off the project when i cut a 7x7 hole to try and implement my dash cooler storage area idea(s). sun faded tan interior that is turning grey, and sun faded grey pieces turning tan...cant make it worse other than cracking them like i have been anyway.
              Make sure you clear coat it or something. I had the "high quality German" stuff on my hood. And in the summer it decided to bubble up something terrible.

-James
              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Mine moved. I posted in the arena about it so I could cuss. If yours are not moving, I guess it isn't anything to worry about. I have come to the conclusion that YMMV, I know others with the same experience and some who have had no problems. I cut the brackets to pieces, and threw them in the quarry next to my house.
                This is the sway bar mount mod that's been on here for a while?
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  105 is the top speed in a healthy stock 4 speed festy. 113 in 5th.
                  That reminds me of that video floating around of the high speed chase in a festiva where "I swear he got that thing over 100"

-James
                  Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                    This is the sway bar mount mod that's been on here for a while?
                    Not sure, I used an Aspire swaybar flipped upside down, Energy Suspension bushings with their universal brackets, a 1/8 inch steel backing plate for the flat topside of the bushing, Moog control arms and bushings. The brackets moved, and destroyed my control arms by pulling their bushing out where it connects to the frame. Elongated the mounting hole at the frame on the drivers side.

I was actually able to save the one control arm by mounting it in a vice, with a large socket on one side, and push the bushing back into place, but the other side was too damaged to trust, warrantied it out. Everything in my front end was new in late June. I did the energy suspension upgrade when I did my clutch a few weeks ago.

I kept the bushings themselves, but the brackets have been cut up and thrown into the quarry next door to rust away, not even sold as scrap metal. When it comes to car rules, rule number one is if it hurts baby car, it dies.

pics http://s78.photobucket.com/user/scit...&src=pb&page=1
                    Last edited by scitzz; 10-21-2013, 11:17 AM.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Going to have to try and dismantle this power window assembly from ebay, motor is good, but the cable catches in many different places, and it just started one day after I got in the car and tried to roll the window down.

And of course being ebay, and a cheap ass seller, only a 30 day warranty.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Those brackets do seem way too flimsy for the job they are doing. I used a 1/4" backing plate and they haven't moved yet but I should probably reshape them and use the original brackets. I do like how they quieted down my front end. Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          Going to have to try and dismantle this power window assembly from ebay, motor is good, but the cable catches in many different places, and it just started one day after I got in the car and tried to roll the window down.

And of course being ebay, and a cheap ass seller, only a 30 day warranty.
                          Reason I haven't bought a cheap an oil plate adapter for block to have a remote send/receive to a cooler..... Cheap eBay deals. ..

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Fixed horn, installed DVD player, installed catch can, took pictures. That's what I did to my Festy today
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Took the window motor out to start looking at it.

Went ahead and upgraded my speakers all around since they all made a racket if the volume was barely loud.

Removed all the Boss Speakers, and put 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways in the doors, and 4" JVCs in the back. (I was not going to pay $40 for 4" Pioneers, when I bought the 6.5" ones for $37.) Plus the JVCs were pretty highly rated.
                              I was able to crank it up without any rattling, so huge improvement!
                              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-21-2013, 10:54 PM.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                                Fixed horn, installed DVD player, installed catch can, took pictures. That's what I did to my Festy today
                                Dvd players in a car is such a bad idea lol. You start out saying ill just listen to the movie. By 3 am you are hitting the brump strips a lot more than you should be lol
                                91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                                06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X