Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks and 1 day until I can buy a Festiva. Sick of delivering in the truck.
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Ok whoever on here said that the Aspire intake tube fits a Festiva is a liar. The VAF hole is far too big for the Aspire tube, but the other end fit just fine.

Unless post-OBD2 ones have a different intake tube, then that would explain it because this is off a 97 Aspire.

So po'd, ran out of time at the junkyard, had the Aspire beam all disconnected, except I couldn't figure out how to undo the e-brake cable, and before I could figure it out, they closed the yard and I had to leave.

I did snag a Aspire Chilton manual from inside the car, was a bit wet but still in good shape. Chilton >>> Haynes

Chilton why u no do Festiva manual?
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installed a boundary engineering oil pump with the billet gears

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Is there anyway to get the brake cable out without removing the back seat? One of the rear seat bolts had rounded off so I can't get the seat out to be able to pull up the carpet.

If not I will take some drastic measure with a pair of scissors and cut the carpet.

Sucks though that right when I got there someone had just taken off with one of the brake drums, so I have to buy a new pair and some bearings before I can put the beam on my Festy. Hope no one takes off with the axle before I can get back there and take it.

I was surprised that the strut bolts came out with no fighting at all, hell the driver's side one look like it was recently changed, but the passenger side hadn't. Also there were two different sized heads on the bolts between sides lol. All the bolts came out with no fighting actually. Though I hope they come out easy on mine. If they won't come out I will just run the tank almost empty and move the tank over to just put the axle on the stock brackets by only removing the pivot bolt.

Comment

• [QUOTE=TorqueEffect;670511]Ok whoever on here said that the Aspire intake tube fits a Festiva is a liar. The VAF hole is far too big for the Aspire tube, but the other end fit just fine.

Unless post-OBD2 ones have a different intake tube, then that would explain it because this is off a 97 Aspire.

Torque, I disagree with your comment. My 90 has an Aspire intake tube on it. Due to the angle of the bend on the Aspire tube, I used the upper portion from the Aspire and the lower portion from the Festiva. it fits fine. On both the Aspire and Festiva tubes, there was a section that was joined and that's where I separated them. I then used the lower section (Vaf) from the Festiva and the upper part (intake) from the Aspire and joined them together.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• [QUOTE=Team Lightning;670522]
              Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              Ok whoever on here said that the Aspire intake tube fits a Festiva is a liar. The VAF hole is far too big for the Aspire tube, but the other end fit just fine.

Torque, I disagree with your comment. My 90 has an Aspire intake tube on it. Due to the angle of the bend on the Aspire tube, I used the upper portion from the Aspire and the lower portion from the Festiva. it fits fine. On both the Aspire and Festiva tubes, there was a section that was joined and that's where I separated them. I then used the lower section (Vaf) from the Festiva and the upper part (intake) from the Aspire and joined them together.

I'll have to get a picture then, but this one from a 97 Aspire Manual was just 1 piece, there is no sections like the Festiva one.w

Also I am not going to go back for the rear beam. Why pay $70 for one with no drums, or bearings, when I found one on car-part.com for $50 loaded, I will just have to make sure I get the ebrake cable with it.

Comment

• Changed out he rear bumper yesterday on Squig festy. bumper was rusted out on the inside and someone had bond ode the outside of the bumpers and was pealing off. I also made gaskets for the rear tail lights & replaced the ribbed with smoothies.

Today I will change out the front bumper.

Last edited by muleskinner; 10-17-2014, 07:21 AM.
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Went out and broke loose the rear axle bolts on the driver's side while I checked the wheel bearings. Had to use a half inch breaker bar with about a 3-4 foot cheater bar to break loose the larger of the 3 bracket bolts.

But yeah when I was on my way to Cincinnati yesterday I noticed about halfway there what sounded like a motorcycle or a car with a leaking exhaust was somewhere around me, but when I turned down my radio and it had been going on for a while, I then realized it was my rear wheel. So I jacked up the rear today and found the driver's side rear wheel had freeplay, tightened up the spindle nut a bit to get rid of the freeplay, but still allow it to spin relatively well until I can swap the axle out for an Aspire one. No sense changing bearings. lol
                  Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-17-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Grinding down those rivets was a pain for me...

Referring to last page...
                    Last edited by WTFestiva; 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM.

Car #789
                    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      Good beer.
                      Brewery's about 6 blocks from my house.
                      Makes the grinding better.
                      I vote we have a meet at Navdoc101 house!
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Replaced rear shocks. Sprayed some PB Blaster on the lower bolts for the last couple of days and had no problems with them.
                        93 GL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          I vote we have a meet at Navdoc101 house!
                          I vote at the Yuengling Berwery or Bush Gardens.
                          they are about the same distance.
                          Bush Gardens is a little closer.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Replaced the front bumper on Squig today. The red one had bondo chipping off, so instead of fixing, I thought it would be easier to place the bumper with one from the JY.
                            Here are a few pics, enjoy.

1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Went out and broke loose the rear axle bolts on the driver's side while I checked the wheel bearings. Had to use a half inch breaker bar with about a 3-4 foot cheater bar to break loose the larger of the 3 bracket bolts.

But yeah when I was on my way to Cincinnati yesterday I noticed about halfway there what sounded like a motorcycle or a car with a leaking exhaust was somewhere around me, but when I turned down my radio and it had been going on for a while, I then realized it was my rear wheel. So I jacked up the rear today and found the driver's side rear wheel had freeplay, tightened up the spindle nut a bit to get rid of the freeplay, but still allow it to spin relatively well until I can swap the axle out for an Aspire one. No sense changing bearings. lol
                              yeah.... i tried this already when i bought a rear aspire beam from gomez... long story short it exploded on the way to pick it up.lol so instead of spending $10 i ended up spending between 50 and 75 bc i had to buy all of the tools parts and grease. and change it in a dark parking lot. lol gomez can vouch for this. lol

Comment

• mule, I did the same thing you did. Painted to gray. I recommend using some Magic Erasers on them, to clean them up good.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 10-18-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X