Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a quick throw together. When i put the seats in ill actually see how to fit it natural. Most seats ive noticed from vatious install threads can go outnoard a whole inch towards doors and that should help the tightness. Its not oerfect but i have my armrest 1.5 cupholders and a sorta hidden headunit option. Its not worse than stock still unclear on how much better. Time will tell
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Oh let's see.. Bought new Battery Tie down part.. Bought a pair of rear speaker panels (original) to replace the broken ones in the back of my car!! New rear speakers coming as soon as the speaker mounts come in.

Comment

• I opened the garage and looked at mine..... can't wait for spring

Last edited by Damkid; 01-18-2014, 04:57 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Lookit dat rear!
          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            Today I did a quick fit of this Honda console. I went ahead and made the purchase for the arm rest of ebay and to my surprise he gave me the cup holder which also has a din cubby I am going to put my radio in there. Amazing goes in there really super deep I had to notch it and remove top plastic,also rip out all the factory festiva black metal ti make it clear the blower box. In the picture of the Depth isn't that great but you won't even be able to see the radio unless you're behind it I think that's really good anti theft in my opinion
            That looks like a really nice item. Do you have any idea what year and model Honda it came out of?
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              That looks a little on the tight side. I have a lot more room for my armrest because I offset the mounts for my seats. This is O.K. for me because my bail bar is on the front. Long armrests on the doors also help.

There are a few cars with narrower center armrests that may also fit.

There are lots of manual belts around for sale. Just make sure you determine the proper mounting tang length. There are both long ones and short ones.
              I wish I knew this before I bought mine. My 91' requires long tang belts, but the belts I got were short. Needless to say I still installed them.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Yesterday, I redid the whole rear brakes. Bled the system and it didn't give me brakes.
                Today, I am fixing the emergency brake adjuster levers on the rear brakes, putting new shoes on the back, replacing the right rear spindle, purchased a replacement left front turn signal lamp as well..
                I think that is enough for today!

Comment

• ++ Had to replace the proportional valve, 1 broken front left brake line, clevis pins to connect e-brake to adjuster levers!1 14 hours of work. Ugh.. Still more work to do

Comment

• '90:

New driver's tie rod (in/out), redneck alignment, finally put on the Aspire manifold+downpipe I bought (old downpipe was.. dead), but couldn't get o2 sensor off old manifold.. tomorrow's agenda.

Hope to have it on the road sometime tomorrow. I've missed driving it.

-Joe
                    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                    1988 LX 5-speed
                    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Haha! I just got Historic motor vehicle tags for my '89! Pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                        '90:

New driver's tie rod (in/out), redneck alignment, finally put on the Aspire manifold+downpipe I bought (old downpipe was.. dead), but couldn't get o2 sensor off old manifold.. tomorrow's agenda.

Hope to have it on the road sometime tomorrow. I've missed driving it.

-Joe
                        You just now got that manifold on?
                        Let us know how that minor port job works out. I'm interested!
                        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                          You just now got that manifold on?
                          Let us know how that minor port job works out. I'm interested!
                          Lol, yes. I've been so busy with the '89, then all the cold came in.. eh. I'll let you know! :p
                          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                          1988 LX 5-speed
                          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Today I washed it......and a few days ago I put on my new-to-me front bumper.....pulled off my passenger fender and straightened it out best I could...will apply bondo later.....and then put in my 89 grill/from ebay.....LOVE IT!!

Next is pulling the rear quarter out/back at a friend of mines body shop.....got some Primax 333 13" wheels, ordered new tires yesterday for the front only hoping to locate my front end vibration that starts at 60-65 mph. Annoying!
                            92 GL, 98k
                            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• new stiv grill 015.jpgcondo doc 033.jpg

Some before and after pics of previous message.
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• new stiv grill 017.jpg

One more of my grill.
                                92 GL, 98k
                                77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Working...
                                X