Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sorry for the shaky camera.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• That gauge gave me a headache after watching it for about twenty seconds. I have never before seen a needle jump so fast that much in vacuum.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-03-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVVFryvhAA

You could do a harlem shake video for this gauge.

sent from the depths of hell.
        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km
        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVVFryvhAA

Oh, one of THOSE gauges! LOL! I am betting it needs to be returned.

I was thinking along the lines of one of these, which wouldn't be bad to calibrate yours...

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Almost got the engine tranny pulled. gettin close to mocking up some mounts.
            -Bryant

Comment

• Torque...how did you route your air line? i messed mine up and it just ran lower than normal going up and down some as the nylon kinked. its an autometer, it didnt do what yours does at all.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                Torque...how did you route your air line? i messed mine up and it just ran lower than normal going up and down some as the nylon kinked. its an autometer, it didnt do what yours does at all.
                I passed it through next to the speedo cable.

Comment

• You need thick-walled, non-collapsable hose that is designed for vacuum. Ferrules would be required for a good connection.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 02-04-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• I do have a thick walled, non-collapsable hose, it came with the gauge.

Comment

• I now noticed something else. During the first 5 min of driving after a cold start, there is no jumpy needle at all, but still low readings on idle, about 12 inches of vacuum. Could it be timing? I still haven't timed the engine since changing the water pump and timing belt.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Comment

• You are supposed to power tune your car for the highest possible vacuum reading at idle. Start tuning. Set your timing, then adjust your fuel ratio first and see what happens. As long as the vacuum increases, then you are good. If it starts to go down, then stop.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          You are supposed to power tune your car for the highest possible vacuum reading at idle. Start tuning. Set your timing, then adjust your fuel ratio first and see what happens. As long as the vacuum increases, then you are good. If it starts to go down, then stop.
                          Air/Fuel ratio screw is the screw on the top on the intake correct?

Also I filled up the tank today. With about just under half the tank going to highway driving, I averaged 35.5 MPG.

I also grabbed a compression tester from work and will be doing that tomorrow since I have never tested this engine yet.

Comment

• I have no idea which screw to adjust on an EFI. I do know the highest vacuum will give you the highest efficiency and the most power. I use my vacuum gauge to tune under the hood. It's easy to watch as you fine tune. I don't have a vacuum gauge in my car. Once it's tuned, there isn't much reason to look at it very much.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 02-04-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Did a compression test today. Forgot to do WOT when testing the first 3 cylinders. lol but after retesting all of em, I get 150s acrossed the board, 150 being the lowest, and 158 being the highest.

So the engine has good compression.

Comment

• Installed my New Climair Vent visors, Thanks to fordFestiva
                                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X