Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was too close for my comfort. I don't have any experience with motors and I didn't know how much it was going to move around in there so I thought better safe then sorry. /shrug

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
    >> Photo Album <<

Comment

• Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post

Finished painting my aspire rear beam and machined my polyurethane bushings for the rear bar.
      Pics! Pics! Pics! And maybe, pretty please some measurements for said bushings?
      60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• festiva mechanic needed in Idaho

does anyone know of a mechanic who deals with Festivas in Idaho????

Comment

• Today I changed my oil and transmission fluid.
          The tranny fluid came out a yellow/gold colour; similar to that of new oil.

I also broke my speedometer cable trying to pull it out of the transmission. Luckily the junkyard just down the road still has the Festiva I took my engine out of. My new cable has three times the mileage of the old one, though, and the needle shakes.
          I assume it just needs to be lubricated. What kind of lubricant do y'all use? Any suggestions on how to do it?
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I had the same issue with mine. You can pull the drive cable from the sheath to clean it and lubricate it with lithium grease. Made mine operate like new.
            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

• C'mon guys we need this to be the first 1000 post thread.

I put in an Aspire m/c replacing my stock one that was starting to go out.
              -Bryant

Comment

• Last night I pulled the rails off of the stock seat to fit my new WRX seats. I need to figure a way to adapt them preferably without modification to the WRX seats themselves. It doesn't look good though. Probably going to have to cut, grind and weld.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
                Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
                Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
                >> Photo Album <<

Comment

• I replaced my rear bumper, which had been guardrailed in a winter slide by the PO, with a newer, blackened nicer bumper off an '89LX. Pictures at my build thread here at the link to my most recent page:

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Battery in boot, kill switch installed, LED dash light conversion and tacho dims with dash lights now!
                    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                      I had the same issue with mine. You can pull the drive cable from the sheath to clean it and lubricate it with lithium grease. Made mine operate like new.
                      x2, I do the same and mine are super smooth.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Do you just pull it out from the transmission end?
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• ^^ I took my cable assembly completely out of the car when I did it so I could spray carb cleaner though the sheath to get the old grease out of it.
                          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Pulled Twizted out, got him all cleaned up and fixed a vibration issue. I will finally get to drive him again and keep my fillings in my teeth.
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                              C'mon guys we need this to be the first 1000 post thread.

I put in an Aspire m/c replacing my stock one that was starting to go out.
                              Started by me!!

Today, I replaced literally ALL exhaust components. ITS SO QUIET NOW!!! Oh its so nice!!
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• yesterday i installed th a/c on my festy and tomorrw i will install the isuzu stylus front bumper

Comment

Working...
                                X