Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2994.jpg[QUOTE=TorqueEffect;670526]
    Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post

I'll have to get a picture then, but this one from a 97 Aspire Manual was just 1 piece, there is no sections like the Festiva one.w

Also I am not going to go back for the rear beam. Why pay $70 for one with no drums, or bearings, when I found one on car-part.com for $50 loaded, I will just have to make sure I get the ebrake cable with it.
    Not a lie.
    Cut the VAF end of the Aspire intake tube & use a connector from the parts store.
    Last edited by navdoc101; 10-18-2014, 07:03 AM.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Sorry the pics so small.
      Go to my Albume in my Profile to see a bigger one.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by 88festivasam View Post
        yeah.... i tried this already when i bought a rear aspire beam from gomez... long story short it exploded on the way to pick it up.lol so instead of spending $10 i ended up spending between 50 and 75 bc i had to buy all of the tools parts and grease. and change it in a dark parking lot. lol gomez can vouch for this. lol
        Yeah after I tightened it up the noise went away, so I believe I am good. lol
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Now I have broken loose the passenger side axle bracket bolts.

Oh and I take back earlier when I said the autozone wheel cylinder being bad right after I put it on, thing is it was just the residual brake fluid dripping off. It is bone dry now, and the brake works waaaaaay better than the otherside. Can't wait to have the Aspire stuff, so tired of the Festiva brakes, lol.

Going to go ahead and order the Rear struts. Might as well match the front KYB GR2s with rear ones as well. Better than Monroes or Gabriels because Japanese is always better. If I go with Aspire specific struts though I will have to go Monroe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            mule, I did the same thing you did. Painted to gray. I recommend using some Magic Erasers on them, to clean them up good.
            The gray bumpers I put on will eventually be black and the squig car will be a burgundy color.
            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• All hitched up and ready to go home.
              N3WBI3

Comment

• Today I completed the installation of the clock that I traded Shadetree a bezel for. (Shadetree originally got the clock from Kumalaba).
                Shadetree sent me a harness with wires long enough that allowed me to hook it up at the fuse panel.

It works great. Dims automatically when the lights are turned on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                  Today I completed the installation of the clock that I traded Shadetree a bezel for. (Shadetree originally got the clock from Kumalaba).
                  Shadetree sent me a harness with wires long enough that allowed me to hook it up at the fuse panel.

It works great. Dims automatically when the lights are turned on.

Nice!! I have the clock, but no dash piece cover or harness for the clock.
                  1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                  1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                  2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                  2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                  2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                  1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• The harness you can make yourself it's no big deal.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Getting my engine swapped Festiva back tomorrow!!!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Had a cool idea for my festiva. Its still on the drawing board though. To be continued

Comment

• I need to find another Festiva! Had to junk mine a month a month ago much sad. So what did I do to my Festiva today? Well nothing... I cried about it lol. Hope all of ya have better luck than I do with your projects peace guys and gals
                          Last edited by DJLS7; 10-20-2014, 10:48 PM.
                          Still searching for a decent 5spd festy! ):

Comment

• I looked at them as I drove off in the Explorer.....
                            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Drove it to work.

Turns out I WON'T be getting that $50 one because I looked up reviews on this junkyard and they are horrid. Everything from extremely rude employees, to really crappy parts, they charge a core for some parts too, and they don't bother to take allot of what they sell off their catalog online.

So I will just go back down and get that axle from upull tomorrow. My KYBs should also be showing up tomorrow as well, but now I will need to wait to get some drums.

Also was looking at Aspire Brake drums, and WHY THE HELL ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE! At least every single local part stores is $50-$60 a piece, and every single store they are special order.Going to have to order them from Rockauto at those prices. At least then they are $50 shipped for a pair.

Anyone order those Pronto brand ones? They say next to them hub/bearing but I doubt they come with bearings being that cheap of a drum.

Comment

• Documentary Film being produced, Main character a 88 festiva w/460,000 miles THE PLC

I think we have gone a different direction than most with our Festiva, we turned it into a home! You all have been such a help in keeping my home alive over the Years so please there is no need for you to Pledge to this project but I thought it would be fun to see your reactions to this http://kck.st/1yI7AlT the best thing you could do is share the link with your friends, we hope this makes you smile!

196602_794700941075_4056991_n.jpg14722110789_c0d8fc430e_o.jpg
                                Slacker Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X