Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to attempt to get her running again. Just need to make a trip to the hardware store for a bunch of washers to use as spacers, and to oreilly's to exchange the belt I snapped.

Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
    Day dreaming!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19769[/ATTACH]
    Stylus Bumper?
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Stylus Bumper?[/QUOTE]

No, it's for a 76/83 Ford Fiesta. I've have this for over twenty years. Might actually get it on my car.
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• It's been an in-and-out day.

I went out and did the solder splice on the primary hot lead for the power center above my fuse panel, went back inside.
        Went out and did the shrink fit insulation on the above, and went back inside.
        Went out and fitted the wires halfway into the panel so I could attach the mounting hardware on the back (inside the panel) & tighten it up, and went back in.
        Went out and fished the ground wires through the panel using a coat hanger wire with a loop on the end, and went back in.

Left to do is to route the hot lead into the engine bay, attach the resetting breaker to the firewall, and connect the grounds and the hot leads with soldered terminal ends. Then there is a hot wire I have to run from an "ALWAYS HOT" in the engine bay - either on the battery or the starter motor.

Can you tell it's been hot outside? htd
        Last edited by Greywolf; 07-17-2016, 04:58 PM.
        Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Made a make shift intake tube for the IAC hose so I can keep the VAF in the stock location.

Realigned the engine position so the alternator pulley would stop dragging on the frame rail. (While previously cause the belt to drag, then snap.)

Cleaned off the rubber left behind by by the snapped belt, on the crank, and water pump pulleys.

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
          It's been an in-and-out day.

Can you tell it's been hot outside? htd
          Yeah, I feel your pain. I did the same thing today, basically in and out. Though only took breaks when I started feeling dehydrated. lol

The tons of sweat pouring off my forehead. lol

Comment

• pulling the stock trans now. gonna swap to my g series
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• I enjoyed the 39mpg city/back and forth to work mileage......Yeaaaaahhhhhh baby.....can't wait to take a trip with it to see 45 or more mpg.....as soon as someone isn't so busy.......lol bolokid.
              92 GL, 98k
              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• I tell ya wutt... I was sweating worse than a Dominoes driver delivering pizzas to a Hells Angels clubhouse!

But here's the obligatory video for today:

Comment

• I'll be dipped - I just figured out how to put a fuse panel door catch on it...

All I need is about a six inch wide piece of scrap tin.

Comment

• Second rear flat tire within a week and car has not been driven.

About 3 weeks ago got the 2 rear wheel's "new" tires, ( 2nd hand, but new ) replaced.
                    I'll explain.
                    When some people buy a car, they change the rims and tires on a purely personal cosmetic decision.

The previous tires are brand new, driven a few miles perhaps then changed.
                    The tire place I go to re-sells these unwanted "new" tires at half price, sometimes less, some are sligthly more than half price, but a haggle will often get a compromise.

I been buying these tires for my various cars for over 10 years at the same place, even though it's has changed ownership.
                    If you are in Adelaide and what to know where this place is, just ask.

OK,
                    so I needed to replace the rear tires on the Festiva, I did not have to buy any tires, I kept the tires and rims from another car. That car is no longer.

A week after those tires was changed to the Festiva's 14"" mag wheels, one of them slowly went flat.
                    The car has not even been driven. I removed the wheel, took it back to the tire place.
                    There was no puncture and the valve was OK.
                    They said it may have leaked from the seam. The inner rim was scrubbed, re-fitted and balanced at no charge.
                    It's still holding air a week later.

Yesterday, the other side tire same problem, it mysteriously went flat and as mentioned the car has not been driven yet. So I took that tire and rim back to the tire place, checked out, cleaned the rim's inner edge, re-fitted and now it's back on the car.

The 2 front wheels are OK, those are brand-brand new tires I bought interstate before driving back home 1000 Kms when I bought the car in April.

Comment

• So, today I did a thing...

No idea why the photos upside-down
                      Attached Files
                      1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                        So, today I did a thing...

No idea why the photos upside-down
                        How does it drive/perform?
                        Taken it ant twistys yet?
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Yes did it help any?
                          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Im like a D-Day prepper but instead of fallout its my car!
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Definitely better! Making up for the lack of a rear seat a lil at least
                              1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Had to free the frozen rear brakes. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X