Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove the Festy in 120+ degrees with no AC, But with the new Suspension I can stop driving it! Thanks Charlie

Comment

• I tore the dash out of the DD (instead of the B6T) because I wanted it's issues resolved NOW!

Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Grey, I watched your video. You need to install a cabin air filter and buy some hog rings. The proper way to wash seat covers is to remove them and run them through a washing machine (twice, unless you do a presoak).
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-20-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Well I mounted and balanced 2 new tires. My Festiva gets all it's service done in a nice air conditioned BMW repair facility. I just hope all the BMW issues and situations don't rub off on it. My Festiva is the best car in the building.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
            I tore the dash out of the DD (instead of the B6T) because I wanted it's issues resolved NOW!

Nice video I have been doing g something similar to a rat infested Festi I bought for $300. Lol pulled the head and found a cyl without a piston, but still had the connecting rod. Explained the horrible rattle when the engine would run. Going to put a new harness in or repair the old one. Good luck with cleaning. Shop vac and pressure washer is nice for cleaning the inside when everything is torn out.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
            88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• I'm also going to pull the dash in the blue car, partly to salvage out the evaporator and any leftover A/C parts.

At least the inside of the Turbo car is clean and nice!

But every single piece, right down to the bare firewall, is going to come out and get deep cleaned. The carpet trashed, I may go for different seats. A lot depends on the next few days, I'll see what options I really have.

I'm also going to try plastic welding part of the dash that was hacked and broken...

Comment

• I started cleaning out my new to me 30' x 33' metal shop that came with the house we just bought.

So far I've found a brand new set of Heddman headers and cherry bomb mufflers, four KC Hi Lite off road driving lights, a bunch of Jeep Cherokee parts and some tools.

Today it gets washed out, concrete cleaner applied and the oil deposits pressure washed off.

Moving the 3 Festivas and an Aspire to their new home soon to follow!

Comment

• The pressure washing of the metal shop was very successful, greatly helped by using 10-gallons of liquid detergent and 25-lbs of Mexican powder detergent. Can you say BUBBLES! The floor came out very clean and it was found that once upon a time it had been painted - so the floor is all primed for paint job #2.

Plus the whole shop actually smells pretty good and the biting / flying creatures seem to hate the new fresh air smell - a big bonus!!!

Now to what I have actually done with the Festiva fleet other than making their new home clean and tidy.

We have a ton of trees around the house - and trees have roots. And roots like to grow under house fountains / slabs - which isn't good. So since I currently do not own a tractor, but do own Festiva's with tow rings on the frames, I have been using them to pull the roots out of the ground! I wrap a 2" nylon sling around the roots and drive away - and presto! out they come.

I have found that the B8 dohc pulls the roots out a little better than the stock B3 sohc, but the real limiting factor is traction in the dirt / gravel. Once the root is out - and some of these are pretty good size - I back fill the hole with dirt and then us the Festiva as a "road roller" to compact all the dirt back in place.

So if you ever need a "tractor" or a road roller, a Festiva can get the job done.

Comment

• Unfortunately nothing. It's been sitting in my driveway since I had to tow it back home.
                    Just haven't felt like messing with it since it's been too hot to do anything lately.

I actually have been more preoccupied with getting things sorted on a car that has been sitting in my driveway for 2 years.
                    a Metallic Blue 2002 Cavalier LS Sport, threw a battery in, threw a can on seafoam in, and it fired right up like it was last started the day before.
                    only 108k miles, with a recently installed before being left to rot ,remanufacted cylinder head.

Got 4 brand new tires installed since it needed tires BEFORE it sat for two years. lol
                    Installed some aftermarket tail lights to repair the one broken one.
                    Fixed the cruise control by installing a new column switch.
                    A/C still blows ice cold, and besides the CD player, everything in the car works perfectly, even the electric sunroof.

Although very frustrated that there is no self programming for keyfobs, and you HAVE to buy and have the dealership program them. I googled extensively and found that only dealerships can program them with a Tech2 scanner. Called multiple dealerships, one said $70, one said $60, and the other said $37, but asked if I bought it offline or from a dealer, and I told the truth and said I bought it offline, and he said "We can try, but most of those can't be programmed" basically saying that I would have to pay them $37 for a "maybe" whether it worked or not.

So I've said screw it, and plan to buy a Viper unit that includes remote start, and just completely bypass the factory receiver (Which is in the ECU >_< )
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Put a new oil pan gasket on the 1.8l still leaking oil crank and cam seals next

Comment

• Nothing today..was supposed to go to the junk yard and pull the 5 Speed but decided it was too hot. Will be there at 8 in the morning instead.

But I did make hotel reservations in Raleigh for Madness X today. http://www.festivamadness.com/

Comment

• 'Been planning the power outlet install (it got here today) and where to mount and run wire. I decided to run direct from the battery positive through a 30 amp self-resetting breaker mounted on the firewall. I'll have to do some more work on the dash panel, and also put off the brake shoes and pads because like above - it's over a hundred and humid as it gets.

When I mowed my front yard today I felt like I was gonna pass out, and I don't want to have anything apart before going on the run to Charleston tomorrow...

Comment

• New head unit installed in the B6T car
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Day dreaming!!

20160710_192031.jpg
                              Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Installed front cam seal and valve cover gasket. No longer a small puddle of oil under the car after running.

Comment

Working...
                                X