Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
    Try adding about a fifty ohm resistor in line to the lights from the dimmer switch. if it's too much, drop it by 25 ohms. if it isn't enough - go up 25 ohms. Resistors can be had in six packs online or from radio shack for about a buck and a half.

You could also install a trimmer pot - an adjustable resistor in a range of about 0 to 250 or 0 to 100 ohms. That way you could dial it right in.
    The basic rule with LED's used to be 50 ohms per volt, if that means anything to you.

Myself I just went on the longest confidence test run so far with the 1991. I took a load of aluminum cans to a scrapper in Memphis and bagged about thirty some odd bucks, then I turned right around and ran to O'Reilly's near where I live and got the speedo cable I needed placed on order...

$29.oo even, after discounts. Coincidence? :highly_amused:

I'm wondering now if I can tweek the A/C to make it blow colder.
    I get a 30% Discount from Advance Auto Parts from my job. You have to order online and spend over $50 though. The Discount code is TRT30, it will save you up to a maximum of $50 and you also get there rewards program with it to use in store on smaller purchases. It has saved me a lot of money, Had to buy 2 new batteries for my Diesel and saved $46 on each battery htd
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• My interior is in really good shape. I had some Aspire seat foam laying around. I swapped the foam out on the Festiva seat frames and put the stock Festiva coverings back on. The Aspire foam has the large "R" in the middle. In the picture of the two seats, the passenger one was swapped and the driver was stock.
      20160612_141423_resized_1.jpg20160612_132207_resized_1.jpg20160612_130006_resized_1.jpg
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• So... I found out last night when I went to go leave for the Drag Strip that apparently when I added the LEDs to my Cluster I accidentally unplugged it and now I'm assuming I have to take the dash apart to get it plugged back in. I'm assuming its the Speedo cable. Does anyone have any advice on this?
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
          So... I found out last night when I went to go leave for the Drag Strip that apparently when I added the LEDs to my Cluster I accidentally unplugged it and now I'm assuming I have to take the dash apart to get it plugged back in. I'm assuming its the Speedo cable. Does anyone have any advice on this?
          If it's the speedo cable or any plug yes you take the black plastic thingy in the front off and unscrew the cluster. To make the speedo cable easy to plug it you want to unscrew it from the speedo cable on the transmission.l that way you can give yourself slack on the cable.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
          88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• SECOND THAT MOVE!

If you don't take off the speedo cable at the trans first, you don't have enough slack in the cable to move it more than a half inch. I also recommend that you pull the cable up in the engine bay, and lay it flat along the top of everything else so that you can pull it in and out of the firewall easily (video to come).

Take a good look at the connectors when you do and see if any of the connectors in the plug are loose. (PUSHED CONNECTOR scenario)
            Last edited by Greywolf; 06-12-2016, 11:13 PM.
            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
              SECOND THAT MOVE!

If you don't take off the speedo cable at the trans first, you don't have enough slack in the cable to move it more than a half inch. I also recommend that you pull the cable up in the engine bay, and lay it flat along the top of everything else so that you can pull it in and out of the firewall easily (video to come).

Take a good look at the connectors when you do and see if any of the connectors in the plug are loose. (PUSHED CONNECTOR scenario)
              Thank You Sir. It might be a couple of days before I am able to get to it so a video would be awesome.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                Thank You Sir. It might be a couple of days before I am able to get to it so a video would be awesome.
                Reminder that you do NOT have to take the whole speedo gear out of the trans( and risk breaking the tab with the 10 mm hold down). Just unscrew the top part that has a large hex head made on it, 19 mm. I did so much cluster swapping that I cut off a 19mm open end wrench to about 4" long just for that as 19s are usually long and cumbersome in the space there. There is an "ear" on the end of the cable that can be aggravating to line back up with the corresponding groove, but you won't have to worry about crud getting into the fluid while it's disconnected.
                Last edited by jawja jim; 06-13-2016, 08:42 AM.
                "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                "Wenona"-89L parts car
                "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                  Reminder that you do NOT have to take the whole speedo gear out of the trans( and risk breaking the tab with the 10 mm hold down). Just unscrew the top part that has a large hex head made on it, 19 mm. I did so much cluster swapping that I cut off a 19mm open end wrench to about 4" long just for that as 19s are usually long and cumbersome in the space there. There is an "ear" on the end of the cable that can be aggravating to line back up with the corresponding groove, but you won't have to worry about crud getting into the fluid while it's disconnected.
                  I haven't even looked at it since the other night but I will definitely look for what you are talking about because I really don't want to pull the dash apart. Does that Speedo Cable act as a Ground for the Cluster? Because I lost all of the Gauges plus the blinkers and the one seat belt that used to move is now stuck forward (passenger).
                  sigpic

Comment

• No.
                    Speedo cable is just a speedo cable.
                    Did you check your fuses?
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      No.
                      Speedo cable is just a speedo cable.
                      Did you check your fuses?
                      I checked the ones in the dash panel under the steering panel and the 25A Belts fuse was blown so I took the 15A room fuse and put it in it's place but that didn't change anything. My boss told me that the only way the speedo cable would act as a ground is if it had to because some other ground was bad. It was storming last night so I didn't feel like fooling with it to see what going on. There is a possibility that I might have pulled one of the Harnesses loose as well, I didn't get a very good look at it the other day because I was in a hurry.

I did accidentally ground out my 10mm wrench the other day while tightening the Positive battery terminal, it arched a little but I don't see how that could cause any of that to go bad. I'll probably get a chance to look at it today now that I am caught up with school work for a day or two.
                      sigpic

Comment

• It was last week but my girlfriend and I painted blue red and white pin stripes on my car and painted the rims blue. Also waxed it real good and made it shinier than ever.

IMG_0725.jpg

Last week I got a 10 inch sub with a 300 watt amp installed and it hits real nice. After that I got rear speakers installed and I think they look pretty nice.

IMG_0729.jpgIMG_0728.jpg

Next up on the car to do list is brakes and suspension
                        Last edited by fudge; 06-15-2016, 10:31 PM.
                        92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

• Nothing.

Too hot and humid to do anything.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I worked on the tuning on my BP turbo car
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Nothing.

Too hot and humid to do anything.
                              Forecast is 99 Degrees tomorrow with a 50% chance of rain here in Jacksonville... looks like I won't be getting any work done either.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fudge View Post
                                It was last week but my girlfriend and I painted blue red and white pin stripes on my car and painted the rims blue.
                                fudge, green is the direct complement of red on the color wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X