Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    Looks cool, Franken. Needs lowered.
    It's a shame I don't wanna put money into fabing something or doing the coilover sleeves. I'd love to get hold of some festiva or aspire lowering springs. Heckhem....Bert.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Put a B6 manifold gasket on my B3 carby intake and discovered there's a lot of hogging to do to port match that sucker.........:-|
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• aspire seat swap and golf spoiler!

Last edited by mikeyjd; 06-24-2013, 10:07 PM.
        My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

• New wheels yay!!

Comment

• got some work done on the '90 got the rest of the outter rocker made for the drivers side, started shaping the new quarter panel
            89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
            90 L (restoration in progress)
            91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
            92 L (DD)
            88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
            88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
            93 GL (parts car)

Comment

• Yesterday, finally got the speedo gear/dipstick installed & topped off the ATF fluid.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• ^^
                Glad everything worked out for ya.
                91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Yes it did! Thank you very much for the part,& the timely shipping!!
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Replaced all wheel bearings, front pads and right lower control arm. Was in prep for Westiva, now it means i'm ready to autox!

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

• EXHAUST SUCCESS!!!! Looks great, too!!

ECSTATIC!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        EXHAUST SUCCESS!!!! Looks great, too!!

ECSTATIC!
                        Awesome!!! Where did you end up taking it?
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Started work on rebuilding the junkyard hubs I got yesterday for 2$
                          Cleaning.

Got all the bearings out and since mine are under warranty (and I didn't drive the festiva to autozone) I got 4 new timkens and 2 new rotors for freeeeee. Yep, suck it autozone.

Decided to de-rust the hubs and noticed they both have the proper spacer and (for all you who doubted me are stamped the same as the ones I've been running off another festiva. So now you can suck it.) Guess I "Just got lucky" again.

Then decided to throw some caliper paint on the knuckles and hubs.

Eat your hearts out.
                          -James
                          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Got the hole drilled for the rear wiper, and got it mounted. pics tomorrow when there is more light to take the pictures.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                              Started work on rebuilding the junkyard hubs I got yesterday for 2$
                              Cleaning.

Got all the bearings out and since mine are under warranty (and I didn't drive the festiva to autozone) I got 4 new timkens and 2 new rotors for freeeeee. Yep, suck it autozone.

Decided to de-rust the hubs and noticed they both have the proper spacer and (for all you who doubted me are stamped the same as the ones I've been running off another festiva. So now you can suck it.) Guess I "Just got lucky" again.

Then decided to throw some caliper paint on the knuckles and hubs.

Eat your hearts out.
                              -James
                              They came up awesome. Love the color too

Comment

• Finished up my VW MK2 front suspension and aspire front brake swap today, it's pretty stiff up front gonna get some differnt springs. It sits really low right now too!

Then when I went to start it to dive it around I found out that my battery wires were all messed up and stuff so I had to get some new terminals and fix that up.

Tomorrow I'm going to get it aligned.
                                91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                                Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                                Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Working...
                                X