Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just deleted the IA-BPAV, or whatever it's called. The Festiva IAC. Why they couldn't just call it that, IDK.

No more 2k RPM cold idle. Really don't understand why the Festy IAC always blows chunks. Preparing for a tolerable IAC install from Nissan.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
      Well, finally after 10 years of looking thru a cracked windshield I got a new one. It only cost me 158.00 which I thought was a good price and they came to my house.
      Ten years! That was the first thing I replaced when I bought my wreck. You must have a very easy going personality.

Comment

• Yea I do. It wasn't too bad. The cracks were along the very bottom and on the passenger side of the car. I wasn't always looking thru a crack while driving. And I really didn't think the car would last this long. But after using the sea foam in the engine and the clattering stopped completely even when it was cold that's when I decided to start fixing it up. I love this little car.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

• Jackass seller on Amazon didn't bother to cancel my order until I actually asked when it was going to ship after I waited for like 5 days for it to ship, giving the excuse that they don't know how it got in their system since they have never sold Davico products.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Here's my Four Green install. Dark green bezel + dark gray lock bottons.

Wired white/blue EFE to connector for violet power wire for Revolution electric fuel pump controller. Revolution has a self resetting internal breaker inside. No fuse necessary.

Removed red/green wire from connector going to rear harness. Piggybacked another red/green wire for light flash along with horn honk while arming Viper.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 04-10-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Replaced the alternator today and replaced the relay, with one I got from a JY, for the radiator fan. The fan kept running all the time. The relay was corroded.
              1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
              1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
              2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
              2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
              2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
              1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Jackass seller on Amazon didn't bother to cancel my order until I actually asked when it was going to ship after I waited for like 5 days for it to ship, giving the excuse that they don't know how it got in their system since they have never sold Davico products.
                Did you happen to send them a screenshot with a copy of the link and a close up of their connection to the fact it was a website of theirs or linked to them?

I would have made them fully aware of the fact. I mean after all, why would a good person allow them to keep the same mistake over and over? Its good practice

Sent from the depths of hell.
                Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM.
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Junkyard didn't have the 91 323 they said they had. Getting really po'd that they keep doing this.

Well, gotta find a vaf elsewhere.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-11-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Did an earl change and vacuumed it out
                    -Zack
                    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I tried installing an Avella parking brake cable today. I gave up when I couldn't get the adjuster nut on. Was everyone else with an Aspire conversion successful at installing theirs?

Comment

• Cleaned and drove for pics...more in my garage thread
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Picked up the rust free hood from greyhound this morning.

Installed it a little while ago. I don't know why, but I can NEVER seem to get the hood to sit correctly. I got a big huge gap at one corner, and no gap at the other, and the only way I can remotely correct it is strategically placing multiple washers between the hood, and hood hinges.

Also I broke another hood bolt off in it when I was gently tightening it down. :cussing:
                          Why must the hood bolts be made of such extremely soft steel? Now to look for the easy outs.....

Looks like whoever drilled the holes to put a ford badge in didn't measure it. Those will get filled soon though.

Oh and the head of the bottom bolt on the driver's side fender is rounded off. FML!!

Comment

• ....finally installed a radio, now to replace all 4 speakers....

Anyone have any recommendations?
                            '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

• Did a cooling system hydrocarbon "bong" test on the sporty.

Then I ordered a head gasket.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
                                ....finally installed a radio, now to replace all 4 speakers....

Anyone have any recommendations?
                                6 1/2" Pioneers in the doors 4 inch pioneers in the back. That's my suggestion. :p

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X