Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ Looking good!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Festevil? Did that Festy used to have a CB antenna or something?
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        Festevil? Did that Festy used to have a CB antenna or something?
        It sure looks like one was there. Man, there are a million better ways to have done that...
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Tightened up the alt belt I had put on a few days ago, it loosened up and was squealing like a banshee.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
            what manual are you using? i pulled one dash, it went together but we had extra parts after words lol. i wish i had a manual to tell you what to pull. the bolts under the windshield where a PITA!!
            I have the factory 1990 festiva shop manual. It would have been much harder without it. I didn't remove the steering wheel but I did have to lower the column to where the wheel rested on the seat. I have the core on order from O'Reilly. It's a real bite at just under a $100 but I sure don't want to go thru this exercise again with a used or repaired core. I'm taking this opportunity to lubricate the blower motor.

Comment

• Found that my rear rocker panels are composed of some fancy expando-foam and bondo....reconstruction is starting...pics to come.
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Finished connecting header to the rest of the exhaust. Took it for a test drive on the interstate, top end is greatly inproved,can't tell much difference in the low end, maybe a little boost in exceleration. Took an 360 exit ramp at a fast rate, front end much stiffer, now I need to replace swaybar bushings. already have then just need to install.nthego:
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                  Finished connecting header to the rest of the exhaust. Took it for a test drive on the interstate, top end is greatly inproved,can't tell much difference in the low end, maybe a little boost in exceleration. Took an 360 exit ramp at a fast rate, front end much stiffer, now I need to replace swaybar bushings. already have then just need to install.nthego:
                  Now the fun begins! Hey, Gary I uhh have a couple b6ts laying around just saying. Maybe you want some more top end or whatever.
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• I got started on my aspire swap

I fought the bolts and brake lines all the way. I still have to get two lower strut bolts and one brake line to complete the swap.

I put a fresh coat of black paint on everything

Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• looks good
                      ;
                      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                      '92 Festiva L M/T
                      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Drove to a well-respected collision repair business today in my town and talked with the owner about repairing/straightening my Festiva from a 3-5 mph head-on collision with a curb over 10 years ago.

Actually, I learned today that Festivas (and most "modern" cars....of which, in this case, Festivas qualify as "modern") don't have a solid frame down below. The shop owner told me most cars today have what is called a "uni-body" in which the body/foundation of the car is made up of various sub-floor parts that are just bolted together. (Hopefully I got that right.) Heavier vehicles like trucks have an actual "chassis" but most vehicles today do not.

About 4 hrs of loosening some of the uni-body parts and then re-aligning them and an acutal wheel alignment and, presto!, the left side door panel shouldn't be hitting the rear part of the left front fender anymore.

Taking it in and dropping it off tomorrow....banana time
                        Last edited by Twistiva; 12-11-2012, 01:34 AM.
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• .....and today I dropped it off at the body shop to straighten it out. Should be done tomorrow!

Also went to see my other Festiva, an 88LX I'm debating about changing from parts car status to DD for my youngest son, and patched a hole in the tarp over the rear hatch window (broken out long ago by previous owner) to keep the rain and snow out of it this winter.

Comment

• I wouldn't call uni-body construction "modern". Most mid-size cars have been uni-body since the early 1960's. Fairlanes, Falcons, Mustangs, Cougars, Comets, Etc.. Not sure what GM cars were, other than Camaros and Novas.
                            Last edited by blkfordsedan; 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                              I wouldn't call uni-body construction "modern". Most mid-size cars have been uni-body since the early 1960's. Fairlanes, Falcons, Mustangs, Cougars, Comets, Etc.. Not sure what GM cars were, other than Camaros and Novas.
                              Brian -

"Modern" was not my word, that was the word used by the body shop owner.

Although, come to think of it, the guy was in his late-70s so I guess a car built in the 1960s, or 1988 like my Festy, would be "modern" to him!...:highly_amused:

Comment

• Coolant flush, and cascade in the radiator....
                                Was green, then brown, then darker brown, then tan, then flakey....now hopefully clear when I drain for the last time in the morning. doing thermostat tomorrow.
                                Started painting the interior today. Installed a head unit. new speakers all around tomorrow. custom box for 6x9's in the back seat or trunk.....
                                Fast....Women are fast
                                Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X