No announcement yet.

Fuel Mileage for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol! I have another "clean" friend who describes making good time as "I was really whipping the poop here" LOL!!!! :lol:
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

That is nice mileage! I have almost a year of fill ups, I am averaging 45.8mpg! Including when I had my studded winter tires on! I finally have a worthy opponant for mpg battles! LOL (Althogh Pu241 and I were doing that somewhat before)
      Last edited by Darlo; 04-12-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I think it's going to be skewed towards who gets more consistant warm weather faster. Air up those tires, then air them up some more.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
          ok so you're compairing apples and oranges i see...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            Step one:
            Buy a Haynes or Ford manual for your car.
            This will save you more time and money than anything else you can do.

got one just haven't looked into it yet. if its on there i'll take a look this weekend
            1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              ok so you're compairing apples and oranges i see...
              Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
              5th fill up yielded - 46.6 mpg with some sustained 70mph driving through NC.
              Nope. a 10 mpg difference at similar speeds means ac and more of a load cost me 10 mpg. that's unacceptable. My idle isn't perfect. And I want to clean my egr and my intake. The tube from the airbox to the throttle body isn't squeaky. So I have room for improvement.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

If you like to tinker try making a larger egr connection. At partial throttle you may lose a little power but if you're driving with an egg under your gas pedal it's what you want. When you mash gas it's off anyway (if working proper)
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

uhhh, you don't have an EGR on the 90LX. and with as much load as you were putting on the engine, 10mpg isn't all that much at our efficiancy levels.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                    Nope. a 10 mpg difference at similar speeds means ac and more of a load cost me 10 mpg. that's unacceptable. My idle isn't perfect. And I want to clean my egr and my intake. The tube from the airbox to the throttle body isn't squeaky. So I have room for improvement.
                    The creampuff isn't going to have an egr valve. Nevermind FestyBoy posted before I could hit the button. lol
                    Last edited by kartracer46; 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Paul, 10 mpg doesn't sound bad to me either--full load, A/C running and at higher freeway speeds (over 65 mph) 39 mpg sounds fine. Not that you can't eak out another one or two if you're careful. Maybe some aero mods and make absolutely sure you have perfect wheel bearings, tune up, etc.

I just returned from my "southern trip" in Aqua (a huge shakedown cruise!) after timing her B6 to a nice 7 degrees and initial results are 37 to 42 mpg at sustained speeds around 70 mph. I'm pretty happy because before that around town I got as low as 27 mpg.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm getting 38 in town.

Comment

^unloaded and not at excessive speeds.... you should figure out how much weight you actually loaded in Cream Puff for the trip, also how flat is the terrain round your house?

Comment

People and stuff about 650lbs. The terrain I run locally is moderate with some hills.

Comment

that's over the GVRW if i remember correctly... just sayin i still wouldn't be too flustered by those numbers. remember, you were STILL getting better mpg than 98% of NEW vehicals on the road.

Comment

My bro in laws 06 civic will get 40 at 75 with ac on. And it's an auto. I'm just frustrated with the decrease from in town to highway.

Comment

Working...
                                X