No announcement yet.

Fuel Mileage for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That biscuit is not mine. Did you find it at the campground?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
      That biscuit is not mine. Did you find it at the campground?
      no ijust purchased another 92 L rustiva & they came with it. could it be re keyed to fit puff?
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Not that I know of. Thanks for thinking of me.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^

oh ok i knew you liked them from the s.c. meet(the puerto rican guy had one) & i had never had one till i got this rustbucket gets 45 mpg though & i thought id send it to you.

Comment

You planning to turn that bucket?

Comment

^

600 & probably not worth it clutch lets out at very top(didnt slip any in its 90 mile drive home) leaks oil, 5 speed shifts great,drivers side body damage & rust, needs 2 tires, crappy interior, new wheel bearing right front though( put on today) all lights & signals work, all glass good, front seats thrashed(seat covers new) but it would be good dd then part out when it blows! lol

Comment

he's bringind it to Hertford, right kumalaba. then we'll see if it leaves.:evil2:
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

^

lol it might make it if i tow it with my wagon! or put a quart of oil in it every 150 miles! hey you got a good shot at fom for may!

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                    600 & probably not worth it clutch lets out at very top(didnt slip any in its 90 mile drive home) leaks oil, 5 speed shifts great,drivers side body damage & rust, needs 2 tires, crappy interior, new wheel bearing right front though( put on today) all lights & signals work, all glass good, front seats thrashed(seat covers new) but it would be good dd then part out when it blows! lol
                    Did you adjust the clutch yet? Or see if it could be adjusted? With the price of gas you could turn a profit on that now on ebay with an honest description.

Comment

im going to see if there is any adjustment in clutch tomorrow then off to craigslist, to me better thaan ebay no commission & local buyers. of course if i had a creampuff ebay all the way. hey let me know if you want that key

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                        ....then off to craigslist, to me better thaan ebay no commission & local buyers.
                        I don't think either is really better.

Yes, Ebay has high fees...but I've been dealing with CL guys all week that say they want to buy the things I'm selling, but then never show up with cash....maybe it's different where you are?

Comment

Old ebay...
                          Pay $40 upfront, pay $50 when you sell even if selling a $600 car.
                          New ebay...
                          list for $2 - $10, pay $65 when you sell for under $2000 or $120 for over $2000
                          OR...
                          List for $2 - $10, run it for most of the week, get tons of prospects, and end the auction when somebody shows up with enough cash. Avoiding the fees.
                          I've done that twice now. Works like a charm for CHEAP.
                          Also made a craigslist ad with a link to my ebay auction. It puts a fire under people's butt to know that if they don't move now they will miss out.
                          Last edited by neanderpaul; 04-13-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

yeah ive sold two festys, one 91 civic dx & a jeep cherokee all in the last 3 months & all sold within 3 days except honda & it sold in 3 hours, there are a lot of ebayers that bid on cars & never pay for them then another hassle of relisting for another week. i do sell my parts on ebay though with excellent results, also except for one person (a liar) on here ff.com all my purchases have been excellent & my buyers 100%

Comment

A common best MPG is 53. I've never gotten that. But many members here have. But all man trans festivas if healthy should get into the 40's. Even 4 speeds and even carbs. IF you are not and have a manual trans look at switching out your 02 sensor.

Comment

dang, we got a 90 and 91 and avg 28mpg. such a bummer right now. 91 octane goes in the automatics.. ill look into change the o2 sensor for sure. any brand better than another?

Comment

Working...
                                X