Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

think i found an omni to replace my wifes wrecked one :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are questioning the one true voice........oh boy!.....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i just dont want to do it then start it up then my motor falls out with a puff of smoke that smells like the mccormic factory comes out from under the hood only to see ashten kutcher appear from around the bush to tell me i just got punked ha ha ha
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^^lol
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          ^really!!! come bro dont play with me this will be my wifes daily driver are you for real? how big of a can? into the overflow tank or direct into the rad?
          True story dude

Another old trick is to dump the tobacco out of a couple of cigarettes into the radiator. Sometimes that's just enough to stop the leak and get you home. Plus it (and black pepper) are way easier to flush out than the stop leak stuff.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

ummm bobby, did you check the LEVEL of coolent in the rad? air pockets can easily cause fluctuations in temp as well...
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

no ops:
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Arty has a great point! I assumed you checked that already. And no, not kidding you. I wouldn't punk you, homecheese!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Willie, LOL!!!
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I wonder how many drunken old timey mechanics added various condiments to their radiators until they realized one substance actually worked sometimes?

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

exactly i wonder that myself

Comment

Pics?

Comment

i will get some pics up there are some on the link on the first page. well i beleive i found the engine heat problem 1st yes arty the coolant was low thanks for the heads up 2nd this was the main issue and prob responsible for the coolant being low....... the rad fan was not hooked up to the sensor. i let it run till it got hot and it didnt kick on so i started diging and found it pluged it in and bam it kicked on no more temp spikes. he also did not have the tube that recycles the burned oil from the head back into the intake pcv valve? should i have a check valve on it? not even sure if it was the pcv valve. any way no more burning oil smell and spraying on the exhaust mani (not huge amounts of oil but enough to stink up your day) anyway thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Working...
                          X