pure-gas.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    i filled up on thanksgiving for 3.19/gal in pomeroy ohio.. anywhere else its 330ish
    Henderson, KY (the state not the product) 3.049 on Sat, after it was raised from 2.899 on Thursday, which I missed and strangely enough there appear to be a number of non ethanol stations available in the local area (Henderson, KY/Evansville, IN) but not listed on puregas.com.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Gas is $2.95 for regular right now. St Louis often has the lowest prices of any major US city.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        Gas is $2.95 for regular right now. St Louis often has the lowest prices of any major US city.
        The lowest we paid for gas on our Festiva Madness trip was just outside St Louis in Troy. It was $2.999 during the first week of October. Gas prices around here have dropped almost 10˘ a litre (about 40˘ a gallon) int last few weeks. We are still paying almost $4.00 per US gallon though.
        Last edited by fastivaca; 11-28-2011, 12:33 AM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Pu241 wrote:
          ...... discuss something beyond your comprehension.
          First off you need to do more research....
          I suspect your extraordinary MPG is likely caused by an improper fill, more so than an under sized tires.
          FYI, mile markers suck when it comes to estimating a proper distance.
          I trust his number way more than yours!

he pulls the term "non-energy producing additives"out of another orifice.
          //////////////
          litesong wrote:
          Pu241 has targeted me because I took exception to his egotistical atheistic stance posted below every post he makes. All his posts in my direction has been to rid fordfestiva.com of me, which is NOT the reason for existence of fordfestiva.com
          I take it that no one else ever broached the subject with him before. Pu214....421....oh, yeah, 241 has had his pretend little fiefdom of atheistic prattle interrupted, he is upset, & desires to rid 'his kingdom' of imperfection.

Comment

litesong you give yourself too much credit, you are unworthy of very much of my attention, let alone targeting you for being "rid of".
            I believe you'll take of that all by yourself.
            And as a short timer, you are hardly in a position to comment on what has or has not been broached before.
            I merely wish to correct your poor understanding of yet another topic, like your last appearance here in 2008 in your "Lung diseases & global warming thread."
            You do remember that don't you, wasn't that fun!
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Different pumps having different shut off rates could be a significant variable. Two ways to account for this:

Find a study which determines the maximum average differences between "shut offs" to see how much gas we are dealing with here (it may not be significant).

Simply keep good records of all methanol vs. "pure gas" MPG ratings and when averaging them all out, any shut off differences should "fall on both sides of the equation," so to speak. In other words, across the nation, stations that serve pure gas should have the same variations in shut offs than methanol stations, and it will all average out.

Folks who are doing serious MPG measures should use the same pump at the same station as much as possible, on the theory that that pump will shut off the same way (or close to it) each time tank is filled up.

The most accurate way would be to start with a dry tank and put in a precisely measured amount, or to have a fuel flow measurement device, but that is impractical for most of us.

As always, I could be wrong on some of this.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Safety Guy,

Yes, some of the pumps will kick off way early, compared to others.
                This is also related to the pumps output (gals/min).
                Which is also somewhat controllable by the station.
                They sometimes set the "cut off" high so you don't top off your tank.

Uh, methanol?
                Where did this come from?
                So far as I know, no commercially available gas stations pump a solution of methanol and gasoline.
                Methanol is way more corrosive than ethanol.
                The 10% alcohol we get in gasoline is with ethanol.

I would think statistically your method would work, Darlo maybe a better source for that.
                I just make sure I fill my tank to the very top each time.
                For me, that is with gas showing above the little flapper door in the filler tube for the tank.
                It sometimes takes rocking the car to "burp" the tank, unless the station has a nice grade near the pumps.
                However TominMO had a good idea with a wood wedge (2x6 or 2x8) cut so you could drive up on it at a station an help the tank vent/"burp".
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

pu241.... prince poop, 241 times over.....

Originally posted by pu241 View Post
                  ....out of another orifice..... you are unworthy of very much of my attention.....
                  And as a short timer, you are hardly in a position to comment......
                  Yes sir, your generalship, sir. Private litesong reporting for duty, sir......

I don't have that right do I. It's the highest hiney-ness prince poop(pu241) of d-d-d-d--d--darkness, two hundred & forty one times over.... with an emphasis on the neuter.

I won't bow to you & get too close to you. Even at this distance, I wear my gas mask continually. You're surrounded by all that dung, & I don't want your poop on me...... your highest hiney-ness prince poop, 241 times over.... oh, ah, I see.....'highest hiney-ness actually refers to the depth of your poop around you emanating from YOUR orifice. Prince of darkness refers to your vision which can't see through all your poop, piled so 'highest hiney-ness' over your head.

As unworthy as I am to gain your attention, you look up my history & have commented many times already. The 'highest hiney-ness prince poop of darkness, 241 times over his head' is neglecting his numerous & auspicious activities....... I should say, specious duties.
                  Last edited by litesong; 11-28-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

"Methanol." He he. I meant ethanol. My chem-fu is weak.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

All I know is, in my Sport Trac, I get around 400 miles to the tank on 100% gas and around 350 miles to the tank of E10. That's 12.5% difference. E10 is routinely $0.10 less that 100% around here (although sometimes approaching $0.20). Currently you can find 100% at $3.00 in a few locations, so lets use that for my argument, and lets say E10 is $0.20 cheaper at $2.80. For me to get the same MPD (Miles Per Dollar) I'd need E10 to be $2.63.

400 miles on 20 gallons equals 20mpg 20 times $3.00 equals $60 $60 divided by 400 equals $0.15/mile.
                      350 miles on 20 gallons equals 17.5mpg 20 times $2.80 equals $56 $56 divided by 350 equals $0.16/mile.

So that other $4.00 gets me 50 more miles i.e. $4 divided by 50 equals $0.08/mile.
                      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                      2005 Accord - wife's DD
                      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        "Methanol." He he. I meant ethanol. My chem-fu is weak.

Karl
                        Adding to my signature...
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
                          Yes sir, your generalship, sir. Private litesong reporting for duty, sir......

As unworthy as I am to gain your attention, you look up my history & have commented many times already.
                          Once again you have over estimated your abilities, private would be too high a rank for you.
                          As a matter of fact in the Zulu Ministries, we have no place for you.
                          Not that we have ranks, nor 'am I a general. I could see how you might be confused, but now that it has pointed out to you perhaps this one small part of your existence will be less an enigma.

As far as looking up your history, again, you are wrong (this does seem to be a reoccurring theme in your posts)!
                          I lived your last appearance here.
                          Or don't you remember?
                          You made many friends then too.
                          So no need to look it up.
                          It was entertaining, as I recall, I might re-read it just for that, because there was little of value in it other than that.

It also appears it maybe necessary to move this thread just as your first "discussion" got out of hand.
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            My chem-fu is weak.
                            That is funny!
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                              All I know is, in my Sport Trac, I get around 400 miles to the tank on 100% gas and around 350 miles to the tank of E10. That's 12.5% difference.
                              I'm not getting as great a mpg boost from non-ethanol gas as you, but a 6+% boost may be Festiva's present to me, as well as a good but lesser boost for the Caliber. Some posters at other websites say they gain more mpg than the 3% increase in btus between non-ethanol gas & 10% ethanol blend would suggest. Some people say they have no gain in mpg between the two products. Maybe the average is ~3%, which would make pure gas mpg increase about what is to be expected.

Anyhow, for those who report a seeming 'sweet spot' of mpg increase above the expected 3%, good for you & keep using ethanol-free gas. For me, as the winter approaches & temperatures continue to drop, I hope ethanol-free gas will help me avoid the normal deep plunge in mpg, not only for my Festiva, but for my Dodge Caliber & my wife's Hyundai Accent.
                              Last edited by litesong; 11-28-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                                As a matter of fact in the Zulu Ministries, we have no place for you.
                                When will I see my Zulu Hoop in the mail? WWZD?
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X