No announcement yet.

89 carbed only 26 mpg???!!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had to replace plugs first time i replaced when I put new wires and coil on then probably wasn't 200 miles they fouled I forgot to put it idles at like 2gs when started till its fully warm then it idles back down??? I forgot to put on here I called guy I got car from he said he had carb rebuilt and the jets board out
    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

what the...!?!?! jets bored out! dude, he just screwed you. you need another carb or have it rebuilt again. the jets should have NEVER been touched. the ABC valve is supposed to make any nessisary adjustments with the premice that the jets are a fixed size.

as for the cold high idle, have you ever driven a carbed car before? the high idle is from the choke and it's supposed to do that (though not quite so high, 1500 should be your high idle. can you take a pic of your engine so i can see if anything is missing? the only thing that should have been changed on that carb are the gaskets and seals.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

There's several reasonably priced carbs on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
          Ok just started driving my festiva and filled up and only got 260 miles on one tank going to huntville and back soild driving no lights 60 mph what's wrong wit it all the people get around 45

Thats the MPG I get, but my car is blowing oil, and GAS, out of the tailpipe
          My Weber carb, and heavy foot don't help matters either
          Last edited by drddan; 12-28-2011, 08:39 PM.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Time for twin side draft webers!
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Yea I have drove a carbed car before well take that back I have a 80 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with 6"s of lift and 38s but I could start it up with one pump and it will idle at 900 rpm in 20 degree weather
              89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Festiva range

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                there is no way to use 10 gallons in a festiva tank without modification. best I've ever done was 8.66 and I ran it out of gas...
                I've been on the plains of Montana & run 526 miles, filling up on 9.82 gallons. Also, in the mountains of eastern Oregon, I've traveled with a full 5 gallon gas can, running my tank empty & using the extra 5 gallons to travel 730 miles before going to a gas station.

Comment

Working...
                X