No announcement yet.

750cc festiva questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a service manager at a cat dealership about a decade ago, and we sold a lot of those tcat 1000's used so I know there are still a bunch out there in sheds and garages with solid engines. Those engines were built pretty well. I'd probably do it to a Metro though, since it would be pretty much a tube chassis deal and the engines are Suzuki, it's only right. Lol. Then I wouldn't feel bad about cutting a Festy.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I was a service manager at a cat dealership about a decade ago, and we sold a lot of those tcat 1000's used so I know there are still a bunch out there in sheds and garages with solid engines. Those engines were built pretty well. I'd probably do it to a Metro though, since it would be pretty much a tube chassis deal and the engines are Suzuki, it's only right. Lol. Then I wouldn't feel bad about cutting a Festy.
      nope...plan on trying to do a setup like the harley engine in the Festy. Some fab work but I think it is totally doable. Engine rotates the right way to be connected to the Festy tranny. IIRC.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I like it. Have you seen the Lemons miata with the sled engine in it? I think it's set up like that. The smooth torque of a two stroke triple should be easy on the transmission. We have now officially jacked this thread. lol. Sorry.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

yes we have....lol. If it was a more serious thread I would separate them...but...
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Still waiting on the original poster to show progress...

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
              Still waiting on the original poster to show progress...

Karl
              1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
              High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
              Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Cheaper options out there im sure
                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

you can also use a dune buggy diff and there are push button starter setups for reverse. get someone to sleeve some custom axles for the width.
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

This is an old post. The original poster sold his car and I see it sitting not too far from where I live.
                    Rick
                    1993 Ford Festiva
                    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
                    X