No announcement yet.

Name your fav thing about ur festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The design of the chassis, it's automotive perfection! Front suspension like a Porsche 901, tried and true trailing beam in the rear ( by far the best performing fwd rear suspension design) and a super light but shockingly rigid chassis in between. This car has more potential than any other street car I've ever tuned.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The fact that you car park 2 in one space!
      Ford Fester

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
        All of the awesome things, durability, mpg, interior room etc etc are GREAT. What I really love is that I feel like I'm getting away with something. Obviously not on people who know, members here, but on the masses. 99.99% of people see it it as something to revile, the lowest of the low, something you would be forced to drive. But I see it as the best car ever. I see it as more than a car, more like a beloved pet. I love driving around knowing I'm getting the best deal, the most fun, the most bang for my buck. While the people running around in their 4 year old SUV think they are better off than me. They think the best they could do is driving around in a brand new, 10-15 mpg, wasteful, expensive to insure/fuel SUV. They think that is success, winning. They think that the festiva is the worst they could do and that they are doing way better than me. I love knowing how many ways the festiva whips their SUV. I love knowing that they will sell that 4 year old SUV and try to get as close to brand new as they can while the dollars FLY out of their pockets.
        Neanderpaul, that's so true! My wife and I shop at Whole Foods and we drive our Festivas there. You wouldn't BELIEVE the looks we get from SUV owners and hybrid owners alike! That's right, stare! We're O(MP)G!
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

It's the car that makes everyone smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            The design of the chassis, it's automotive perfection! Front suspension like a Porsche 901, tried and true trailing beam in the rear ( by far the best performing fwd rear suspension design) and a super light but shockingly rigid chassis in between. This car has more potential than any other street car I've ever tuned.
            Why? because form follows function, and simple = low cost/high profit!
            I always feel better every time you post about the Festy :p
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

just the looks & the fun to drive factor
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                I always feel better every time you post about the Festy :p
                X2!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

The look of shock when you tell people the mileage you get.

Comment

Beating all but one of the miatas at Autocross.

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                      Beating all but one of the miatas at Autocross.
                      Sweeeet!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        I remember lift off oversteering through a yellow light left hand turn when I was 17 and my mom gave me my first beat to crap Festiva. Scared her. I was like, "It's OK. It's just the back end." They really do amazing things to have marshmallow springs and dampers and 12" tires and all the other things that a "real" sporty car would scoff at.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

the mpg.

mine runs like crap when cold so can't say the performance, and the back suspension feels like it trys to go in opposite directions most of the time when i hit a bump so i wouldn't call mine nimble. But it does have 340,xxx+miles on it.

Comment

Damm 340000 miles wow never been inside that motor ?

Comment

the guy my brother off of claimed to have been through the head 3000miles before he got it, but we had to redo the head so he was full of it. As far as i know it went up until he got it (About 3000 miles ago) before having any internal stuff done. But can't prove it

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                                Damm 340000 miles wow never been inside that motor ?
                                300,000 is the norm for these cars. There's a guy here who has 750,000 on his. On 2 motors. I found one with 456,000 miles on it and one with 475,000 miles on it in October 2010 and both were on the original engine transmission and even clutch.

Comment

Working...
                                X