Name your fav thing about ur festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fav thing

with the back seats out,and seat belts out,put some padding down,and u,can lay down,easily.even 2 people,or 1 person,and a huge dog. try it,u,ll like it,so will she

Comment

Originally posted by windy1 View Post
      with the back seats out,and seat belts out,put some padding down,and u,can lay down,easily.even 2 people,or 1 person,and a huge dog. try it,u,ll like it,so will she
      Do you get paid to be oblivious?
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Here, the seats are IN! And folded flat. ALL Festivas can do this. On top of this you can fit an air mattress for real camping.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^ I'm not sure an air mattress on top of seats, in a car is REAL camping... Just sayin'
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
            Do you get paid to be oblivious?
            He'd be too oblivious to see the Job wanted ad for someone that oblivious

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
              ^ I'm not sure an air mattress on top of seats, in a car is REAL camping... Just sayin'
              True enough.

Comment

Air horns, the gentle " beep beep" just doesnt cut it when people pull out in front of you.

sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

There are so many things to love about this car it could fill a book!

My loves in no particular order:

Durability - They are as reliable as a hammer

Maintenance cost - When you do need a part, it's typically much cheaper than a comparable part for other cars.

Return on investment - Even if you purchase a car that requires a lot of TLC and have to replace a ton of parts, the car will return the cost incurred in a very short period of time (especially if you have a long commute). The buy in is low, the parts are affordable, cost of ownership (taxes, etc) are pennies compared to a new car, and you can typically perform most maintenance/repair tasks yourself so repair bills are almost non existent.

Simplicity - I have worked on almost every make and model out there and this car is by far the easiest car I have ever worked on. It has literally spoiled me and when I have to work on a different car now I'm always a little reluctant because I know no matter what it is...it won't be as easy as a Festiva.

Freedom - One of the first things I noticed when I got my first Festiva is that I could drive anywhere I wanted without having to worry about how much it was going to cost me in fuel. It was the inspiration for many unplanned road trips and long drives to nowhere.

A feeling of independence - Most peoples biggest fear when they purchase a car, especially one that's used and/or older, is how much of an ordeal is it going to be when something breaks and they need to get it repaired. With these cars, most repairs can easily be done by the owner. It almost gives you a feeling of revenge for bad experiences with repair shops in the past.

Interchangeability - I love going to the junk yard and seeing nothing but a sea of opportunity. These cars take you back to the roots of hot rodding when you couldn't just pick up a catalog and order any aftermarket part your heart desired. You had to think creatively and work with what you could find.

Fun! - It's like driving a street legal go cart. I have an open challenge to anyone to drive this car and not smile! All of my friends have failed this challenge and most of them now own a Festiva (or want one)

Community - I have met so many awesome people and made many great friends since purchasing my first Festiva.

That's the short list for now :mrgreen:
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                    Community - I have met so many awesome people and made many great friends since purchasing my first Festiva.
                    X2, That's a big plus +
                    sigpic

Comment

Yup!

Comment

perfect

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        Here, the seats are IN! And folded flat. ALL Festivas can do this. On top of this you can fit an air mattress for real camping.
                        perfect,i still get more room,with seats out,and space behind drivers seat,for speakers.your pic,is the correct way. nice pic. u can tell,u dig your festy.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          Air horns, the gentle " beep beep" just doesnt cut it when people pull out in front of you.

How loud are those!?
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

^ They will get your attention
                            sigpic

Comment

freshtiva

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post

i put a louder horn on,as soon as i got car. if someone starts riding my tail,i slow down. little cars dont get a lotta respect,u need a loud horn,like u,got nice PIC.

Comment

Lmao sell me ur old horn hahaha joke

Comment

Working...
                                X