Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever do a sedan delivery Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
    [ATTACH]6973[/ATTACH]

All I need to know is this a '62 or a '63? It's a loaded question for me, so if it's not a '62, break the news to me easy
    Well, then let me come get it.....
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Someone did, I've been considering doing it to one of mine.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Oh, Windstar. We've had great luck with this one. It has 180k on it and no headgasket or transmission problems. Our '95 had both. One problem I have right now is a busted heater hose that goes to the rear heater. Thankfully the heater valves keep me from losing coolant.

I have a roof I cut out of a Festiva if you want it for metal to do Sedan Delivery panels.
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Those blindspots are easily compensated for by a stick-on bubble mirror. I plan on removing both door mirrors and isntalling a rear view camera or two anyway.

I dunno about anyone else's state, but it'll pass inspection in PA. Law states "one mirror or similar device capable of a clear view at least 200ft to the rear of the vehicle.

Besides, SHOULDER CHECKS. That's what they're for.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
            Those blindspots are easily compensated for by a stick-on bubble mirror. I plan on removing both door mirrors and isntalling a rear view camera or two anyway.

I dunno about anyone else's state, but it'll pass inspection in PA. Law states "one mirror or similar device capable of a clear view at least 200ft to the rear of the vehicle.

Don't skimp on the camera if you do so. At night I hear they become almost worthless.
            Mike Holmgren
            Thief Rvr Fls, MN
            1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
            "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

I'm getting an IR setup so it'll be night-worthy, too.

A guy on Ecomodder.com did it with his XA, two cameras and two screens, where the OEM mirrors went, and in semi-aero mounts. The ones I have been eyeing are night-capable, have 140* usable viewing angle (which means if they're mounted so that they can just see the edge of the side of the car, they can also see past the outer edge of the stock mirror location, almost up to the front fender - no blind spot), and a fair enough resolution to keep a clear image.

Personally, I don't use my mirrors as often as they say we should... but what's happening behind me isn't generally my concern, either, as I'm not going that way.

On my truck, I had planned a similar mod, except using a fake "shark fin" antenna as the housing, and mounting it on the roof with a clear view of the rear. Wouldn't work well for towing tall loads, but it's not hard to mount mirrors back on the truck, either.

Comment

Yes spot mirrors are the way to go I've driven enough vehicles with huge blind spots so I don't think it will bother me too much I think that I'm gonna make my first set of panels attach the same way the quarter windows do just to see if I like it
                Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Factory Version.
                  '90 LX

Comment

That is slick
                    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

^ notice the extra suspention lift... heavy springs?
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you want to test it without wasting some money, just cut cardboard pieces and put them inside the windows. You can actually shut them right into the window if it's thin cardboard.

Newspaper or anything else will work, too. Then, if you like it, you're OK with it, go ahead and make your panels and cover the window area permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                          Factory Version.
                          I want one of those.
                          91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

If you want to test it without wasting some money, just cut cardboard pieces and put them inside the windows. You can actually shut them right into the window if it's thin cardboard.

Newspaper or anything else will work, too. Then, if you like it, you're OK with it, go ahead and make your panels and cover the window area permanently.
                            I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe some scrap wood paneling. Then, if you decided you wanted to go with the panel, there's your template. Viola!
                            ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                            #2 .....Cheesehead
                            #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                            #4 .....Montana Project
                            SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                            Bought her back for $450
                            Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe some scrap wood paneling. Then, if you decided you wanted to go with the panel, there's your template. Viola!
                              ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                              #2 .....Cheesehead
                              #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                              #4 .....Montana Project
                              SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                              Bought her back for $450
                              Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Yes that will work as I just scrapped an old trailer house and have lots of paneling

Comment

Working...
                                X