Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NewBie in San Francisco CA ( I finally got my dream 93 Festi )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Driver One,

Certainly NOT! ! !!!

How can it not be cool?! Jay Leno got one , just on steroids.

On my earlier post proclaiming the virtues of a Festy.....I remarked on the generous cabin space. Sufficient to load two mtn. Bikes. My then girlfriend, now wife would go Mtn. Biking on trails all over the San Francisco area. The car is zippy enough to claim up the San Francisco hills when you wind it up, parking was a breeze, and it cost a few bucks to fill up the tank and thank my friend or sister for loaning the car over the weekend. I would borrow my sister 88 Festiva or my friends 89 Festiva. I loved it for its practicality. I always wanted a Festiva, but as you already now decent drivers Festiva's are getting hard to locate.

Now it's a matter of time.......I do not have any with work and two toddlers. I rarely find time to wash a car. What more wrench on one. And I am not the a good "wrencher."

I would prefer a driver than having to pull the engine.

I am learning I could locate an Ford Aspire and strip it and have a faster Festiva. I would if I had the time and the skill.

Perhaps when the kids get bigger I will have the time. But for now no space for long term storage. I bought it to drive, not replace an engine.

Plus I may be able to buy my sister running Festiva......just have to gather up the funds that is currently trapped in my 93 Festiva.

I want the Festiva to go to a good home.
    Of course my last resort is the salvage yard.
    Hoping someone from the forum steps up.

Thanks
    Last edited by Cross; 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X