No announcement yet.

NEED HELP! Buying my first festiva!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... isn't a carby lx auto kind of a rare beast? Did you have her look underneath the passenger seat for the holy grail... I mean under seat tray/drawer?

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

I'm confused why it is even a carby if it's a 91? Especially since the 89 autos were the first to go efi..
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Can someone explain the benefits of a carby and one without? Also will ask about the under seat tray tonight when the owner is home from work lol.

Comment

Uh oh should I be worried the engine is not original? :S

Comment

Re: NEED HELP! Buying my first festiva!

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
            Wait... isn't a carby lx auto kind of a rare beast? Did you have her look underneath the passenger seat for the holy grail... I mean under seat tray/drawer?
            There's only one carby auto that I know of, and that's htchbck's.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

SOMETHING IS UP HERE. THERE IS MISINFORMATION. AND THINGS CHANGED OUT IN THIS CAR.

OK..
              That back seat IS an LX (Therefore it's not a '91)
              That Transmission is NOT an LX ( No Carbys were autos).
              The Carb is NOT a '91.

Hmmm...
              Last edited by TheresGabe; 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Yeah sure seems like there are a lot red flags here. Unless you are getting a good deal I'd pass.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Would you consider 700$ a good deal and it is safe to drive for the next 4 months? Pretty hard to find a car you can drive for under 1000$. Does anyone know how to check vehicle history she gave me the VIN tonight: Vin# KNJBT07H6M6110773

I am still waiting on a few more pictures. This engine has been swapped with an older one hasn't it? Is it possible to convert from fuel injected to Carb? If so why would someone do this? Are there any other flaws with the motor you guys can see in the pictures?

Here are the pictures again for the people just reading this thread (might be buying for 700)

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like hilariouslee.

Comment

BERT! I NEED YOU! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mercilesslee View Post
                      Thanks for the info I will definitely bring a tool kit and poke around to make sure the frame is alright. The car only has 62000kms though why would a car rot that fast?
                      You and me both live in Ontario,Canada. One run through the salt spray in winter, and then parking in a heated garage, can and will destroy anything even if it's never driven it again. The lo-mile 'gems' that come up once in awhile are often rusted worse than cars that have gone through car washes and spring thaw puddles on a regular basis. Up here, at least.
                      But hey 63K (37,000 miles) is peanuts in the scheme of things, if you lust over little-used mechanicals, motors and transmissions.

Mercilesslee; you live in Ontario,Canada but where exactly is that? Kenora (Ontario,Canada) is a 2 day drive from Toronto (Ontario,Canada) and nearly half way across the Country, all the way to Vancouver. There are 11-12 million Ontario,Canada residents and yet 95% of them live along the Can/USA border.

Comment

PM sent....
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Oops ops:... double post
                          Last edited by fastivaca; 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

700 hundred is a decent deal. I just worry about the rust underneath. Plus all the other red flags. Motor appears to be swapped so mileage is probably off. Mileage could be off anyway if someone just swapped in a new cluster too. I paid $700 for my Festiva and had to put another $300 into it to get it to pass inspection. It was pretty rust free though. Not much visible rust and the little rust there was underneath was just some surface rust. No rot through.

Here's what I got for $700.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC0hU...qZCt4kWrBGtiNQ

And here was my thread with pics.
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-My-92-Festiva
                            Last edited by Prafeston; 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                              Motor appears to be swapped so mileage is probably off.
                              Rafe, what makes you think the motor is swapped?
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Mercilesslee View Post
                                BERT! I NEED YOU! lol
                                These cars don't, and never did, sell like 'hotcakes' so don't sweat the timing. As a matter of fact these days patience is often a virtue. Forum member Timmay shifted a Vancouver-based (ie like a 3 year Ontario car) Festy with BP engine, F tranny and Aspire fixins, just before Christmas, for a $1200 firesale price. If you're not a million miles away from me I will be happy to help out. If this is the same car as I alerted the forum to last year I did drool over it (the interior) at the time. Problem with auctions is prices are really low or really high and I wasn't prepared to devote a day to get involved in a bidding war over a B3 auto, new exhaust, newly painted rims and new 12 inch tires, none of which is of any use to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X