No announcement yet.

How many miles on your original Motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles on your original Motor?

Mine has 343,xxx miles and still ticking. Is this normal/good/great/exceptional for 93 5spd's?
    My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Not sure mine only has 98000 so I'm curious bout this one as well
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

i'd say that's between good and great. i regularly see them in the high 200s... break 500 and THAT would put you at exceptional.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

mine had about 225xxx before i swapped
        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

My 91 5speed was pushing 250,xxx miles before I sold it and it was all original drive trane and my new 93 5speed only has 182,xxx miles put 12,xxx on it in three months
          1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
          R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Wow. 500k would be so sweet. I'm guessing that would take me about 6-7 more years to hit on the low side lol. My goal at this point is 400k with the original engine.
            My Fuel Log

Comment

My 88 LX 5 Speed just hit 200,000. All original, still has original clutch!

Comment

93 5speed 204,967. All original
                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Landmark lifespans for stock econoboxes I think. Dollar for dollar best car ever made?
                  My Fuel Log

Comment

@ fm5 my 88lx had 429k still getting 37mpg on the hwy & original clutch, it did sound like a diesel though & i entered the high mileage contest & got 2nd place, the festy that won had over 600k!!!! was that scitzz that won that?
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyjd View Post
                      Landmark lifespans for stock econoboxes I think. Dollar for dollar best car ever made?
                      Certainly the Japs have redefined durability and lifespan for engines already beginning in the 1970s through closer manufacturing tolerances and better materials. Caused everyone else to pull up their socks (or in the case of utility 2 and 4 strokes; caused Johnson, Pioneer, Lawn Boy, Tecumseh etc to close up shop). Used to be in the 50s and 60s a Detroit or UK auto engine with 100,000 miles was worn out.
                      The saving grace of Mazda B-series (I think) is that they are non-interference engines meaning your typical accidental broken belt scenario (which has plagued Kia's copies) hasn't spelled an end to the motor and makes owners are little more likely to try to keep them going.

Comment

183,000 on mine. Time for some new HLA's and gaskets though....
                        1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

214,204 on the Auto, beaten to death atleast 50k before me, and 35k by me personally. Floored at all times, 5k RPM up most hills haha.

Doesn't leak very much oil.. forgot to change oil for 8.5k miles once and it only lost half a quart! :p

-Joe
                          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                          1988 LX 5-speed
                          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I have 3 Festys and all show somewhere around 300K km (180K miles) on the clock. Only one has ever required engine work (a burnt valve which is why I got that one cheap ($50) 6 years ago) in all 9 years that I've been running these things. The best one, which was fastidiously/religiously maintained right from new burns no oil between changes nor does the colour even darken appreciably.

40 years ago I drove a dozen different Austin Minis. To go 10,000 miles without some sort of major overhaul (bearings, valves, rings, pump, lifters, gaskets) was considered a miracle. An OHV 1.3 litre (the super high performance "S") of the time red-lined at 6500 and put out 75 hp, but was worn out (as in: thoroughly bagged) at 50,000 miles whereas our 1.3 'housewife's' engines (that 'go' almost as good) are widely known to go 1/4 million miles between service.
                            This time around I think we do have to thank someone (Japanese automotive engineers as a catalyst?) for allowing us to actually experience, and take for granted, "progress".

Comment

414,780 . Dropped out the original B3 at 402,000 for an Aspire B3. I'm sure it would have went far beyond 500,000 with new seals, but it was easier (for me) to just drop in a new engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X