No announcement yet.

New 1991 yellow ford festiva! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up using a small pair of scissors to start her up... What a relief! They just don't make them like they used to. Anyone know the cost of getting a key made do a car? Luckily I still have the keys to the door locks.image.jpg

Comment

Did you try the door keys in the ignition? It should work unless someone changed the ignition cylinder at some point in the past. But even with that, if scissors worked they should have also worked.

It's $20 to have a set of keys cut from the door lock code but that doesn't help much if someone has changed the ignition cylinder...you'll just have another set of door keys.

If you must have a new cylinder with a matching key I'm sure someone on here has set they'll sell you or I've heard you can buy a new one. I can't confirm that because I've only installed used ones. Or if you want all the locks to match there may even be a member on here with a full set they are willing to sell.
      Last edited by Zanzer; 06-09-2013, 10:15 AM.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I'm so happy I found this forum. I haven't tried using te door lock keys in the ignition but ill test it out. Recently put a new fuse in and I've it the stereo working. Not sure how to work on the horn though..

Comment

I'd like to get the inside floor redone... It's kinda gross/ wear and tear and some of the windows definitely leak water in.

Comment

Interesting graphics! And crazy dog! Love the yellow ones! Hope you enjoy the car! If the back hatch is locked and your key doesn't work to unlock it you can get to the locking mechanism from the inside. I can make a video sometime to show you have to do it.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Don't drill out.the cylinder!! If you take the column cover off.there's just.one Phillips screw holding the ignition switch on the back of the tumbler! You can use a screwdriver or knife or.scissors to spin it.

Sorry about all the "." My phone is junk.
              Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-10-2013, 05:12 AM.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

love the stripes!
                89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
                90 L (restoration in progress)
                91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
                92 L (DD)
                88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
                88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
                93 GL (parts car)

Comment

Thanks guys! So my door locks work in the ignition which is convenient. One of my headlights went out but when we tried to screw out the old one the screw would be almost all the way out but stripped in a weird way where it wouldn't come out and start to screw back in. Any suggestions?

Comment

Made this quick video this morning to show you how to unlock the rear hatch if that happens to be your problem.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                    X