No announcement yet.

air compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright, well, the motor works great, the compressor works but it takes forever to build up pressure. The compressor is supposed to be rated for 19 cfm@1750 rpm, so there's just no way it's doing what it should. I can hear air escaping through the compressor, and when I take the oil fill plug out the crankcase is pressureized.

I thought maybe the rings were shot, but I popped the head off one side (the one that sounds like the leak is comming from) and I can't see anything wrong. I dropped oil into the cylinder last night and it's still as full now as it was then. There was a bit of gunk buildup all over but I'm slowly cleaning all that off then bolting it back together soon.

Could it be the valve thing on the top? Here's a link to the online pdf for it.. http://xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups.../5f,h-23si.pdf

maybe the springs and things inside the heads just need cleaned really good? That's what I'm going to do anyway, rebuild the top ends and reuse all the old parts since I am having trouble finding any new parts.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Reed valves might be pitted from moisture.

Or a broken spring. I had that on my big freon pump I turned into pumping air.

I went through the plates and bored holes larger for more cfm. Found out valves were pitted.

If pulling jug, hone it and stuff in new rings. Measure land and might be able to get by with automotive rings.

Mine was same bore as sbc, and they had 4 compression rings.

3 ring kits rebuilt both v4 pumps ., at a fraction of the price.

Use a caliper and get creative.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
      Last edited by jason_; 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X