least expensive e box performance clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• least expensive e box performance clutch

need a new clutch so I would like to upgrade. anyone know where I can buy a clutch that is better than the stock replacement? thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

How about this one?

or

Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

both of those are upgrades? just want to be clear, im putting this on my camed b6 and arty says my "normal" driving style exceeds the oem limit and is more like someone elses "spirited" driving lol so I just want to make sure I get something slightly better. and I bet these stupid 15" wheels don't help my clutch situation because of all the unneeded weight
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Most people reccomend using Exedy, I'm not sure about the other one. I typed in Festiva performance clutch kit and those wee 2 of the results.
        Last edited by Team Lightning; 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

BOOM!!

check this out

Comment

I'm almost positive I remember somebody having a bad experience with one of those.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

^ Yeah, me!
              Bahnhoff clutch in my Festy now. It slips when shifting if you get on it. I think the stock festy clutch would have been stronger!
              Looked at reviews on line and some peeps have reported the same thing, and I believe there is a another member that got the Banhoff and it slipped on him.
              The price makes it tempting, but i'd spend the few extra $$$ and get the exedy. If running a B6 the stage 1 racing clutch would be a better option.
              Last edited by drddan; 07-31-2013, 12:32 PM.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

DON'T BUY A BAHNHOF!!!

I bought one and it slipped more than the used Exedy I had.

Sent from my SPH-M930
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I'm looking at a F1 Swift clutch, myself.

Probably what I'll end up going with when I do. They seem to get good reviews, and the little bit of work it takes to make it fit the E is trivial. I would even consider using some big washers under the pressure plate instead of machining the flywheel to make it work. But that's really because machine shops suck here. Either way, bang for buck, it's a pretty good deal.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                    ^ Yeah, me!
                    Bahnhoff clutch in my Festy now. It slips when shifting if you get on it. I think the stock festy clutch would have been stronger!
                    Looked at reviews on line and some peeps have reported the same thing, and I believe there is a another member that got the Banhoff and it slipped on him.
                    The price makes it tempting, but i'd spend the few extra $$$ and get the exedy. If running a B6 the stage 1 racing clutch would be a better option.

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                    DON'T BUY A BAHNHOF!!!

I bought one and it slipped more than the used Exedy I had.

Sent from my SPH-M930
                    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                    I'm looking at a F1 Swift clutch, myself.

Probably what I'll end up going with when I do. They seem to get good reviews, and the little bit of work it takes to make it fit the E is trivial. I would even consider using some big washers under the pressure plate instead of machining the flywheel to make it work. But that's really because machine shops suck here. Either way, bang for buck, it's a pretty good deal.
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151055120367...84.m1423.l2649
                    I looked at the swift clutches too and the write up to do the conversion. the only thing that intimidates me is the machining process and re pinning and redrilling for the bolts and all that stuff (umm that's actually the whole process lol) I don't know how much a machine shop would charge and if they would even do it because of insurance reasons and what not. Im on a limited budget but cant stand not upgrading because it seems like such a waist of time to put a stockie back in there and replace it again in 2 years and cant seem to make my wife understand that lol she just thinks I wanna play... you married guys get my point. how much do you think a machine shop would charge to do this? any input here woud help me make this decision because I gotta make it quick because shes pretty much gone and im driving the bp with no inspection and a bad axle all so frustrating and typical at the same time lol. any input on price?

Comment

what does insurance have to do with machining a piece of metal? if the holes are drilled to fit the pressure plate and you use proper fasteners, there won't be an issue. machinests are used to dealing with .0001" tolerances, if they cant center a pressure plate, then they shouldn't be working there.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

An Exedy clutch might work for you. When I put my B8 in the car, the used one I had (about 50,000 miles) held it for about two months before it began to slip.

The Bahnhof slipped from day one, even after babying it for the first 500 miles (like they recommend)

I'm running a Sachs clutch right now. Can't make it slip no matter how hard I try.

Comment

Or i could get this f series i just found with a b6 attached for $200. Is the f a better upgrade than just a spec clutch? I kinda know the answer but how good an upgrade is it.

Comment

I was going to do an F at first, but then the Rio was discovered to fit. Both take a clutch that's larger than an E, so they'll hold more.

An F series with an Exedy clutch will probably hold all that your B6 can dish out.

If you like rolling the street with a lot of gear, you might want to look at a Rio trans.
                            Last edited by JPT; 07-31-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

i thought the point was to hold power and not have to fab mounts.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X