• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
    Motoxpress' B6T 5 speed car "Altered"

Engine = 1.6 DOHC B6T

Mods = BOV and AEM TruBoost at 14psi

After Moto took me for a ride, I knew that thing was a bear, but those are some pretty impressive numbers.

Glad all had a good time.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      I have a feeling the numbers are a bit high but a good comparison between the cars for sure!
      You think the dyno operators don't know what they're doing or the charts are faked? Inquiring minds want to know.
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Neither. Some dynos read high, some low.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ladyblaster's 91 B6 auto car "Old Glory"

Engine = B6 SOHC

Mods = Minor head work, pocket porting and exhaust runners.

This should be in the neighborhood of 83 HP. What's wrong here?

Great to see the graphs BTW!
          Last edited by TominMO; 09-01-2013, 07:52 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom, I believe Lady Blasters is an automatic. That could account for the loss you are thinking about.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Cool to see so many dyno charts.
              91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                I have a feeling the numbers are a bit high but a good comparison between the cars for sure!
                Well next time we will just use a Dynojet and really show some inflated numbers.
                Do the research and check out the DynoDynamics specs vs Mustang Dyno vs Dynojet.
                Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Actually those numbers should be pretty close. A Dyno Dynamics is comparable to a Mustang dyno which typically reads lower because it's what the car is actually putting to the ground and it loads the car as if it were on the street. Even one of the guys at SFM called the DD the "heartbreaker" LOL. The numbers would have been bigger if we had ran them on a Dynojet.

Jack - You can play with the correction factor on all dynos but Dynojets tend to be the easiest to inflate. On this dyno the correction factor was 1.175. If they want to make a number that looks like a Dynojet value they use 1.250

Tom - Not sure what the deal was with Angie's B6. I thought it was low as well, but it's a pretty well worn auto and we also know the electronics have been an issue on her car. We tried a different VAF on the car last night night and it didn't like it and the ECU is suspect as well.
                  Last edited by Zanzer; 09-01-2013, 08:14 PM.
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Zanzer and I will be looking into Glory's low numbers. We were really disappointed at the results.
                    Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                    187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Good to see such a wide variety of tests from one dyno. Great job guys. The automatic transmissions can be expected to put down less hp. Dyno Dynamix meters are usually pretty accurate, however I'm noticing a strange trend here. around 3400 RPM, all the graphs have a strange TQ dip. This may be an issue with the load on the dyno. Also, for comparison sake, it's best to get all the charts with the same resolution. The scales are different for each car here and that makes comparison more difficult. If the resolution were the same then that 3400ish rpm deviation would look nearly identical on every chart if my theory is correct. This looks like an equipment error. Nobody wants a dip in TQ right there, so this would be a focus of mine as a tuner, but I don't think it's in the cars themselves.
                      Also, in the future, try to get the A/F on the same graph and include the page that gives peak values. Looking forward to more of this!
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Oh and I forgot one mod EL prototypes ecu chip.
                        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

More to come Charlie

As far as the TQ dip, I did notice that and also noticed the cars were bogging some right after he would start the test and give it the throttle and it took them a little to pick up. I was thinking this was where the dip may have came from. But 3400 does seem a little high for that since the boosted cars were passed the "bog" by that RPM. He did run AFR on the turbo cars but it wasn't on the graph. I'm more accustomed to seeing Mustang Dyno graphs and I think they could do a little better with the info on the graph and the line colors. But, I have seen the shops around here change the resolution from car to car. I'm thinking they do this because most people are only concerned with what their car makes and not the next guys LOL.

We'll have to inquire about this on the next trip!
                          Last edited by Zanzer; 09-01-2013, 09:58 PM.

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Ladyblaster's 91 B6 auto car "Old Glory"

Engine = B6 SOHC

Mods = Minor head work, pocket porting and exhaust runners.

don't feel bad, Scrappy came up with the same numbers in 4th (stock cam, Full port job on the head, FMS headers and 2.25" exhaust, stock carb) when i ran it on the dyno at NTI.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^^ But we need more power captn! We talked about the "fix" for it today...just gotta get time to install it :mrgreen:

What kind of dyno was that on at NTI?
                              Last edited by Zanzer; 09-01-2013, 10:10 PM.

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

IIRC it was a mustang... large known mass roller, car was lifted to run on the unit, it's been 8 years, i'll have to hunt hard to find the sheet. i know that i ran out of carb past 5300 and i had the timing pulled back to 8 from the 12 that i usually ran (87 oct tune).
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X