No announcement yet.

Festiva Dyno Day at Shift Fast Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen the DynoDynamics is more comparable to the Mustang Dyno, although maybe just a touch higher on the values. Both load the car so the numbers should be fairly close to what you're actually putting to the ground.

I was totally stoked when I saw that number! That was the main goal when I did that head, make a stock B3 auto perform like a B3 manual. When I saw that number it put a big smile on my face

We need to do your B8 head and get that car on the rollers! I think Kevin is going to have a stock B8 car soon and it would be a great comparison.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
      Nice guys very nice! I'm worried about the b6 auto, if you find out what's going on with that car it would be nice to post it here so we all know!! I know my b6 didn't feel much better until all the electronic stuff was swapped from festy to 2nd gen.

Is that barbiecar putting out 125hp & 136 ft lbs of tq? So awesome that you guys got together and did this, good stuff!

btw, you gotta let us in on that fuel mod your talking about haha..

Ya, the B6 auto will be getting put under the microscope soon. We knew the electronics were questionable so we'll be pulling parts soon and cross referencing part numbers and such.

I'm holding off on details of my mod because I'm doing extended use testing on it. I want to make sure it plays well and doesn't blow anything up. I'd hate for people to do it to their cars and then have something bad happen only a couple of months down the road. I have an NGK AFX that should be delivered tomorrow so I can start tracking AFR.

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

I hope you guys get a B8ME car on the rollers too. Mine runs away from all kinds of stuff on the highway and I'd love to know what kind of numbers one can put down.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
          Another part of the problem could be because it's running pig rich. The AFX was holding steadily at 9 under full boost. It'll be interesting to see what Festicul puts down once the boost leak is fixed and the AFR is straightened out.

Danny - The dyno days are just to see what kind of ROI we're getting for the money and work put into the cars and see what mods have the best bang for the buck. Plus these guys are just plain fun to hang out with I'm sure there will be a track day after the tuning and mods are all sorted out. Plus it will be really cool if the SFM guys have something built to run at the track as well. These guys are talking about building a MONSTER LOL :mrgreen:
          yeah mark you are right i like the tuning from the dyno to see whats going on, but what i was saying i know barbie car has that hp b/c it smoked a new beetle turbo appx 190 hp & the weak fiat abarth, so once she puts up a mid 14 second time there will be no more naysayers:thumbs_up:
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Gotta say that's a very healthy aspire B3!! I can only hope mine is putting somewhere close to that to the wheels.

Comment

We would like to invite anyone who has or will run their cars on a Dyno to please post the full results. Please don't crop the sheet down to the graph only and if you have video post it as well. We hope to have the videos from the Dyno day sorted out and posted as soon as possible.
              Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
              187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                Gotta say that's a very healthy aspire B3!! I can only hope mine is putting somewhere close to that to the wheels.
                Hehehhe, well I did say it had an undisclosed fuel system mod LOL

We did the mod to Festevil's car "Lean" (or as I have come to call it "Christine") tonight and I gotta say it's the fastest B3 auto I've driven yet...and I've built 3 of them in the last 3 years, one with some minor head work. I think it would be a really good fight between his car and my Aspire B3 car when he hits second.
                Last edited by Zanzer; 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM.

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

By fuel system mod.....do you mean a 30 shot of giggle gas??

Comment

Hehehhe, well I did say it had an undisclosed fuel system mod LOL

We did the mod to Festevil's car "Lean" (or as I have come to call it "Christine") tonight and I gotta say it's the fastest B3 auto I've driven yet...and I've built 3 of them in the last 3 years, one with some minor head work. I think it would be a really good fight between his car and my Aspire B3 car when he hits second.
                    Lean is running like a champ!! nthego: I got her up to 91mph on this little straight section of road coming into work this morning.

@Zanzer I can't give an accurate number on fuel mileage yet because I can't keep my foot out of it all the time
                    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Here's Festevil3's 89 auto car called "Lean". I notice they have his name as "Dealer" LOL

Engine = B3

Mods = Minor port work to the head. Pocket porting and exhaust runners.

I was proud of my little automatic car, I bought it about 4-5 weeks ago for 250usd. Zanzer and I have put a lot of time in this car, which includes a mildy ported head attached to a bottom end with 250k+ miles. With the fuel mod that was performed last night ( zanzer is so awesome he showed up last night at the garage and started working on it and I wasn't even there---he is the man) I bet lean puts down around 67-68hp nthego: We will see when we go back
                      Last edited by Festevil3; 09-03-2013, 06:57 AM.
                      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers

Comment

Festevil3's 90 1.6 5 speed rear turbo car AKA "Barbie Car"

Engine = 1.6 SOHC

Mods = Rear Turbo @ 10psi

Just speechless Barbie Car NEVER lets me down!

Comment

Festevil3's 90 5 speed B6T car "Festicul"

Engine = 1.6 DOHC B6T

Mods = Stock(?) @ 10psi (boost leak). Festevil will have to chime in on his mods. I know there are many suspension and other mods done to the car but I'm not sure about the engine.

I was really let down in Festycul, major boost leak but still put down a decent number. It was running pig rich with an AFR of 9.0 in all three dyno pulls, IC piping needs some attention also. I think with a little work and some TLC 200hp is an achievable goal

Comment

yes kevin put the boost up to 15! muhahhaha
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                              By fuel system mod.....do you mean a 30 shot of giggle gas??
                              Nope, only thing I did different (other than the mod) was fill up with 93 since I knew it would be getting beat on. A 30 shot would have put it closer to 90hp

I told all the guys at the dyno day that some ppl would have a hard time believing it. In retrospect I guess I should have taken a video of the engine bay before the run, but I have at least 8 ppl that can vouch for me that the car is NA. I'll be happy to send you the upgrade once I get all the bugs worked out and you can try it for yourself.

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                              Lean is running like a champ!! nthego: I got her up to 91mph on this little straight section of road coming into work this morning.

@Zanzer I can't give an accurate number on fuel mileage yet because I can't keep my foot out of it all the time
                              Awesome! Is that the section you were telling me about? How fast could you get it to before the mod?

I'm having the same mpg problem with mine I did a Fuelly on the first tank the other night and it was down about 1.5mpg but that's a little inconclusive since we've all been flogging the car lately LOL

I was proud of my little automatic car, I bought it about 4-5 weeks ago for 250usd. Zanzer and I have put a lot of time in this car, which includes a mildy ported head attached to a bottom end with 250k+ miles. With the fuel mod that was performed last night ( zanzer is so awesome he showed up last night at the garage and started working on it and I wasn't even there---he is the man) I bet lean puts down around 67-68hp nthego: We will see when we go back
                              Since I've got some time invested in this car I take it personal when it doesn't run right, plus I really enjoy hanging out with you and Keith so it's a good excuse :mrgreen:

Can't wait to get it back on the dyno since I didn't get a chance to get a baseline on mine before the upgrade.

I was really let down in Festycul, major boost leak but still put down a decent number. It was running pig rich with an AFR of 9.0 in all three dyno pulls, IC piping needs some attention also. I think with a little work and some TLC 200hp is an achievable goal
                              SOON

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                              yes kevin put the boost up to 15! muhahhaha
                              We wanted to Danny!

If not for the boost leak we would have
                              Last edited by Zanzer; 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM.

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

You guys need a healthy boosted bp on there...none of that sissy b6t nonsense
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X