No announcement yet.

Festiva Dyno Day at Shift Fast Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya..the old Mustang Dyno, the original "Heartbreaker" LOL. I remember the first time I ran my Mustang on a MD. It was "WHAT!?" and "I need a Summit catalog STAT!" :mrgreen:
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

i need more carb ( unit in hand ) and a litle more head work.... plus find out why cyl 2 is 20psi under the other 3 (1, 3 and 4 are 185, 184, and 185)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
        Jack - You can play with the correction factor on all dynos but Dynojets tend to be the easiest to inflate. On this dyno the correction factor was 1.175. If they want to make a number that looks like a Dynojet value they use 1.250
        DynoJet units are not designed to accurately measure HP or Torque. They are a diagnostic tool to dynamically test and show drivetrain problems. They don't claim accurate HP or TQ measurement from their devices. They are not a true load bearing Dyno, and can't actually measure true loaded TQ, they simply estimate it. Don't believe me? CLICK HERE.
        Tuning salesmen love dynojet dynos because it's really easy to trick a dynojet, and since the company never claims to be an accurate way of testing output, the only people to blame for the inaccurate facts are the consumers who don't educate themselves on HP measurement, they just buy the stuff off the guy who has the best numbers on paper. Really a shame if you ask me.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now, but I just wanted to put that out there. Here are some dyno runs with Tweak awhile back. This was 8.8:1 comp, B6t with stock ECU and a little over 12 PSI of boost, no intercooler, watermeth injection. 2.5" exhaust with no cat. ambient temp was 102 degrees and the correction factor was set to 1, which means there is no correction, this is actual WHP/WTQ.

The chart above shows that the dips in my TQ curve are directly proportionate to my A/F ratio. Stock b6t tune is inconsistent and overall it's too rich even at 12psi with a larger exhaust and a stock turbo. Another thing to note is that with a .175 percent correction I would have put down roughly 28 more ft.lbs than what these graphs show, which shows that Wills numbers are right in the ballpark. He has less comp. but a better tune and more boost.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-01-2013, 10:48 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

More to come Charlie

As far as the TQ dip, I did notice that and also noticed the cars were bogging some right after he would start the test and give it the throttle and it took them a little to pick up. I was thinking this was where the dip may have came from. But 3400 does seem a little high for that since the boosted cars were passed the "bog" by that RPM. He did run AFR on the turbo cars but it wasn't on the graph. I'm more accustomed to seeing Mustang Dyno graphs and I think they could do a little better with the info on the graph and the line colors. But, I have seen the shops around here change the resolution from car to car. I'm thinking they do this because most people are only concerned with what their car makes and not the next guys LOL.

We'll have to inquire about this on the next trip!
          Yeah, they typically autosize the graph resolution to fit the output of the car. I'm not a big fan of that, and it makes overlapping charts really a pain in the bottom.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Once again...Charlie FTW

We used to tell everyone..if you want a measurement that tells you what you're actually making, use a load bearing dyno. If you want a dyno graph to brag about and show off to your buddies, use a Dynojet :mrgreen:

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Nice guys very nice! I'm worried about the b6 auto, if you find out what's going on with that car it would be nice to post it here so we all know!! I know my b6 didn't feel much better until all the electronic stuff was swapped from festy to 2nd gen.

Is that barbiecar putting out 125hp & 136 ft lbs of tq? So awesome that you guys got together and did this, good stuff!

btw, you gotta let us in on that fuel mod your talking about haha..
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

oh yeah thats awesome, im glad you guys had fun & when i get my car back from greg lets go again! also we need to get together for a track day 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile, that would be a blast. what is the closest track nearby?
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

That would be great Danny we really want to get a B6gen2, B6ME, B6D, BP, BP/RT and a BPT on the rollers. Also we have have 2- 1/8 mile and 1- 1/4 mile tracks near by. The guys at Shift Fast loved the all Festiva Dyno day they only had to set the Dyno up once and didn't have to fight the cars on or off it. By the time we left a couple of them wanted to find Festivas for themselves (especially after they drove Festicul & Altered). They had that big goofy smile on there faces that we all had the first time we drove a higher HP Festiva!
                  Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                  187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Festevil3's 90 5 speed B6T car "Festicul"

Engine = 1.6 DOHC B6T

Mods = Stock(?) @ 10psi (boost leak). Festevil will have to chime in on his mods. I know there are many suspension and other mods done to the car but I'm not sure about the engine.

Curious as to low torque of Festicul?
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

We believe its due to a leaking down pipe and a bad restriction in the inter cooler piping. As soon as the flanges are ready we are building new down pipes for both B6T cars and I'm trying to get Kevin to bring festicul to the shop to revamp his IC piping.
                      Last edited by Motoxpress; 09-02-2013, 08:10 AM.
                      Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                      187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by Motoxpress View Post
                        That would be great Danny we really want to get a B6gen2, B6ME, B6D, BP, BP/RT and a BPT on the rollers. Also we have have 2- 1/8 mile and 1- 1/4 mile tracks near by. The guys at Shift Fast loved the all Festiva Dyno day they only had to set the Dyno up once and didn't have to fight the cars on or off it. By the time we left a couple of them wanted to find Festivas for themselves (especially after they drove Festicul & Altered). They had that big goofy smile on there faces that we all had the first time we drove a higher HP Festiva!
                        Maybe I can make the next one, and there is the 2nd gen B6.
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

The guys at SF said they could handle doing more than 10 Festivas in a day due to the easy setup. 2 zip ties and a frayed bungee cord and we were ready to run LOL!! So bring them on we are looking at setting another dynoday up after Madness.
                          187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

^:thumbs_up: i like the dyno idea but the track times better b/c then the people who dont believe the dyno figures wont be able to dispute the 1/4 mile times :whip2: i think barbie car will run 14s & your & kevins car 13s(altered & festicul) not sure what my car will run but im hoping for 13s as well
                            Last edited by kumalaba; 09-02-2013, 12:36 PM.
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                              Curious as to low torque of Festicul?

Another part of the problem could be because it's running pig rich. The AFX was holding steadily at 9 under full boost. It'll be interesting to see what Festicul puts down once the boost leak is fixed and the AFR is straightened out.

Danny - The dyno days are just to see what kind of ROI we're getting for the money and work put into the cars and see what mods have the best bang for the buck. Plus these guys are just plain fun to hang out with I'm sure there will be a track day after the tuning and mods are all sorted out. Plus it will be really cool if the SFM guys have something built to run at the track as well. These guys are talking about building a MONSTER LOL :mrgreen:
                              Last edited by Zanzer; 09-02-2013, 12:46 PM.

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Here's Festevil3's 89 auto car called "Lean". I notice they have his name as "Dealer" LOL

Engine = B3

Mods = Minor port work to the head. Pocket porting and exhaust runners.

I'm assuming all these numbers are to the ground. If so and if an auto causes a 20% loss then your port work gain that 20% back. Just like Kevin was hoping!
                                88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
                                92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
                                91 - Shell with title
                                92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

Working...
                                X