FESTY vs ASPIRE Auto Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FESTY vs ASPIRE Auto Comparison

well guys just like the title says, what are the main difference in the trannies of both cars? my auto b6t car seems to have a top speed of like 95 with the 13's on it lol. Looking to get an auto built and was wondering if either had a benifit over the other to start with. So does anyone know the final drives and or gear ratios? i suppose the 15" oz rally wheels i just got should help with the top end.! any input would be awesome!

BTW i realize there is a thread on the auto with ratios listed. i saw it once and didnt mark it and after about 25 minutes of searching i decided to just ask!

Thanks guys!
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Idk but id make u heck of deal on a aspire trans been rebuilt from a 94

Comment

Is that an Aspire automatic transmission 1chrisapple?

Comment

Festy auto already has the highest gearing
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
          Idk but id make u heck of deal on a aspire trans been rebuilt from a 94
          i actually have one of each currently although the aspire one is promised to festevil3 lol!

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
            Festy auto already has the highest gearing
            do we know what that is??

Comment

great info but i need the automatic information!!hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
                great info but i need the automatic information!!hmmmmmm
                sorry.
                info here. looks like its from FB71. He might know more.
                Does anyone have info on what the gear ratios are? what model the transmission is? Is it the same tranny that was in the festivas, the mazda M5?

Comment

festy auto gets out of it's own way... Aspire auto does NOT (read: turd)
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You mean you have not torn that tranny out yet ?? How do you like the car being turbo and all ? Pm me sometime !
                    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      festy auto gets out of it's own way... Aspire auto does NOT (read: turd)
                      I think he's referring to the trans itself. Not the car.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

well it's also a testiment to the hinderance that the locking converter has on the "pep" of the aspire.

i'll shut up now.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'll vouch for the Festy auto getting out of its own way. I beat the daylights out of mine sometimes, it feels like. No neutral drops etc, but this thing will handle the whopping 63hp of a B3... Filling up the tank after spirited driving. Well, don't drive like me.

It should be said, the same transmissions were used in the Mazda 323 and twin Mercury Tracer 88-89 (323 might have a few earlier years). Then, Jatco built variants for cars up until the mid 2000s.

As I understand it. The Aspire has gearing for better acceleration and a 1:1 centrifugal lockup converter at max mph. Higher RPMs, lower top speed.

The Festiva has an "overdrive" 3rd gear that equates to 1:1 because of torque converter losses. It's only the fact the Festiva weighs less that it's a bit zippier.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Yes i have a aspire auto trans.has been rebuilt i will sell cheap just pm me

Comment

Working...
                            X