hello from Toledo Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcomsign Toledo.
    Very interesting Festiva. I will see it in person one of these Ohiostivas.

Comment

Ohiostiva?

Also what size tire are people running on 13" wheels?

Comment

Ohiostiva is a meet

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by micro_trucktiva View Post
          I do have one question regarding the festiva. Isn't the festiva supposed to have lug bolts like the stupid german cars? Mine has regular studs and lug nuts. Not that I'm complaining it but I've never seen one with actual studs
          The PO converted to studs. Your gain. There are short VW ones and longer BMW ones. The threads are 12x1.5mm BTW.

@ Harpon: I generally use a breather filter too. I don't like getting all that oil going back into my intake.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks, yeah they are Mk3 jetta studs, from what my friend Kurt(he sold it do me) said.

Comment

Welcome to the site. That doesn't look half bad. Will be nice to watch what you do with it.
              I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

It will be interesting, once I start I'll make a build thread to document it all.

Comment

good base to start with.

take it as quick as you can to a body shop
                  and have it checked for frame "flex". when you chop a unibody car
                  you compromise the overall integrity (a lot - I had a 240z vert). it flexed
                  an inch when I jacked it up between the front/back wheels. you could
                  see it spread in the door jam. I took it to a guy who builds dirt track cars
                  and he welded 2 nice pieces of channel steel on it that went from the front
                  frame rails all the way back to the rear wheel well and 2 short pieces from there
                  to the middle of the rear wheel well. cured 90% of the flex.

I'd get that looked at right away since rust is present. in this case, having
                  a shorter wheel base than my Z works in your favor. seriously, I'd address that
                  before I spent another dime on anything else for it.

welcome aboard, good luck and keep us posted.
                  Last edited by loknlode; 09-10-2014, 10:28 AM.
                  admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Well found out tonight the cooling fan/s don't work and temp continued to rise above half way (where it should be on gauge) so I order a tstat/gasket, upper and lower hoses and a new radiator cap.

Any thing else I should check? If need be I can order a fan switch from rockauto.com they are cheap and it seems the relay is also cheap from local parts store.

Hopefully the new t stat is the issue, when Driving it's stays in the middle, only started to over heat at idle. Which usually indicates a stuck tstat

Comment

When you buy a T Stat make sure to get the Two Stage stat they do a good job.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I ordered a 160° FAILSAFE.

Can some one tell me where the cooling fan relay is? It says behind the left headlight but I can't locate it. Maybe a picture?

Comment

That's the wrong thermostat dude....
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Can some one tell me where the cooling fan relay is? It says behind the left headlight but I can't locate it. Maybe a picture?[/QUOTE]

I had to remove the battery and coolant recovery bottle, then untie the large bundle wiring harness to move it upward. There are 2 relays there behind the left headlight and I think it the one most to the rear. If you're only trying to feel it clicking you may be able to touch it without removing those things I mentioned.
                            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                            "Wenona"-89L parts car
                            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              That's the wrong thermostat dude....
                              How so? If say it's because it's not a 180° or 192° your wrong. All the temperature is stating when the thermostat opens. The cooler you can keep your motor the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                                Can some one tell me where the cooling fan relay is? It says behind the left headlight but I can't locate it. Maybe a picture?
                                I had to remove the battery and coolant recovery bottle, then untie the large bundle wiring harness to move it upward. There are 2 relays there behind the left headlight and I think it the one most to the rear. If you're only trying to feel it clicking you may be able to touch it without removing those things I mentioned.[/QUOTE]
                                All I want to do is see if the fan works

Comment

Working...
                                X