No announcement yet.

If an FMS replacement was to open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for manifolds and the like, though I have interest in some factory replacement B6T pieces, I can't honestly say I can yet put my money where my mouth is on that one.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      I was thinking all 3. Bigger plenum, custom oriented throttle body positions
      This will be definitely something to consider but not something that will be doable right away. It would have to go on the back burner due to the limited demand due to the price required for R&D and the cost to the consumer for the part.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
        Would you guys want a mesh pre-installed behind the open grille or left blank for custom installation? Also with the cost of a factory grille being about $30+, what would you guys be willing to pay for a custom grille with the clips?
        I found a grille on ebay a while back for $23 shipped and it
        fits pretty well so maybe you could save some money by
        getting aftermarket ones. Probably not as sturdy though
        so it may not be as easy to work with. If I was to get one
        from you though I'd prefer it with the mesh shipped with it,
        that way someone could decide whether they want to use it or
        not. Just show people a picture of the best way to attach it.
        I wish their was a way to make the top panel a bit smaller though.
        The car would probably look a lot newer if the top one was thinner.

As for price, it'd be hard to say. I'm cheap, so I hardly count on
        that matter

Looks like the grill is $25 now and it does come with clips

Last edited by SWRT; 10-30-2014, 11:12 AM.
        1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

This will be definitely something to consider but not something that will be doable right away. It would have to go on the back burner due to the limited demand due to the price required for R&D and the cost to the consumer for the part.
          I got ya covered

Comment

Still all good ideas, guys! Thanks! Any interest in a grille like this:
            Any chance you'd be able to make one that is solid, no grill?
            Maybe easier for me to just make a blocking plate.
            Let me know.
            Be interested in just getting the clips for now!

In any case, I'd like to get OEM quality, or better, everyday parts.
            The crap I have been getting like master cylinders, flexible lines, calipers, etc; especially from Autozone and Advanced Auto, aren't worth installing.

The issue with high end parts for our cars will be getting all these people who want this stuff to actually cough up the $$$ for what they want.
            How many intakes and exhausts can a company expect to sell at a price most of us cheap bast...., uh brothers would be willing to pay.
            Think you have to take in consideration what people want vs what they are willing to pay with respect to a fair price for the reseller.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              The issue with high end parts for our cars will be getting all these people who want this stuff to actually cough up the $$$ for what they want.
              How many intakes and exhausts can a company expect to sell at a price most of us cheap bast...., uh brothers would be willing to pay.
              Think you have to take in consideration what people want vs what they are willing to pay with respect to a fair price for the reseller.
              That is what I was thinking. If I was to put the price at say $50 for the grille, makes me wonder how many people would want it. Any less than that it almost makes it not worth the time and material to make.

As for a solid version, almost think you would be better off making a plate that secures it self to the back side of the grille, or inserts that slide into the front and seal it off. From the back side the car would still look the same, but from the front side it would stay in better. Maybe I can design something that would slide in there and could be secured in place. I am assuming your looking for something for the winter time, correct?
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I've kicked around making a solid grille and fiberglass front fenders with flares and rear flares. I've got to finish some projects first and get my garage cleaned out.

I thought PhoenixSHO was making molds of his handiwork, maybe you could get him as a supplier as well.
                1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

As for a solid version, almost think you would be better off making a plate that secures it self to the back side of the grille, or inserts that slide into the front and seal it off. From the back side the car would still look the same, but from the front side it would stay in better. Maybe I can design something that would slide in there and could be secured in place. I am assuming your looking for something for the winter time, correct?
                  Have found a properly working cooling system does not require all that air passing into the engine bay.
                  Yes, for winter, but doesn't over heat in summer either.
                  Currently using a Polycarbonate blocking plate, not elegant, but proves the concept.
                  As a side effect it is quieter in the cabin and warms up faster.
                  Just think something made as a complete piece would be more effective and look better.
                  Because of the gap between the top grill and radiator, as well as the inlet in the bumper, when the fan comes on it has plenty of free air to pull through the radiator.
                  very low possibility of over heating.

Also just having land to store parts festivas is not sufficient, they will rust away and water will ruin them if they are not out of the weather.
                  More expense and again most will not pay the resulting cost in parts of what it would take to keep this type of parts reserve available.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Outside storage is fine in some parts of the country..No rust here but UV can damage color and textiles-rubber.
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT View Post
                      I found a grille on ebay a while back for $23 shipped and it
                      fits pretty well so maybe you could save some money by
                      getting aftermarket ones. Probably not as sturdy though
                      so it may not be as easy to work with. If I was to get one
                      from you though I'd prefer it with the mesh shipped with it,
                      that way someone could decide whether they want to use it or
                      not. Just show people a picture of the best way to attach it.
                      I wish their was a way to make the top panel a bit smaller though.
                      The car would probably look a lot newer if the top one was thinner.

As for price, it'd be hard to say. I'm cheap, so I hardly count on
                      that matter

Looks like the grill is $25 now and it does come with clips

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Grille-A...08f611&vxp=mtr
                      thank you for this!!!
                      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                        thank you for this!!!
                        I bought one of these back in '09 for my silver car. It was $18 shipped back then too. It was of very good quality for sure. IIRC it was from the same seller. Might buy one again for my build.
                        -Bryant

Comment

I'd like to have s place to shop for Festiva stuff again.
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                            Definitely interested in that grill, especially if you can include a full set of clips with it!
                            One can purchase the clips at Grainger and I've seen them at auto body supply stores also. You are welcome.
                            92 GL, 98k
                            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

I thought of something to kinda give an idea of what should be in inventory. somehow find every time someone on this site ever said or asked "do they make", "where can I get", "who sells a".... phrases or questions like that could give a headstart on a small database for some supply and demand
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^^that leaves the possibilities to endless with the overflow of pointless unrealistic brain farts people have had over the years lol

I think the big ticket parts would be custom engine mounts for the common swaps and a stock pile of OEM parts from 4green like window seals, door seals, grille clips etc just to name some..... That would be where I would start if I wanted to open a FMS replacement store

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X