No announcement yet.

If an FMS replacement was to open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would remove Dickmeyer from the equation and replace that with your local trusted engine builder
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I figured you would. However where do you get a set of, say, 11:1 pistons for a B3?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
        bp mounts, b6t mounts, bolt on turbo kits for b3, coilover setups with proper spring rates, racks for mounting seats, cams, roof racks, pre cut tint, headers/exhaust, plug n play ecu's with different tunes, fender flares... just to name a few things
        Well said. Possibly he could do like Amazon and other online retailers do and source it, i.e. be a clearinghouse for parts, without having it to be necessarily in inventory. We order thru him, then he sends the order for fulfillment to his supplier. With a small community like ours, and relatively poor compared to other car groups, he couldn't afford to have a bunch of $$ tied up in inventory.

A great "added value" he could provide would be communicating to a vendor, say one that supplies coilovers, and working out the proper valving and spring rates for a Festiva--actually a range of them, for different applications (autocross, road racing, street racing, daily driver, etc.); then offer kits for each application (Stage I thru Stage IV, for example).
        Last edited by TominMO; 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I figured you would. However where do you get a set of, say, 11:1 pistons for a B3?
          Wiseco.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

As far as I can tell they don't make them for the B3.

$2200 for a set for the BP.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

As far as I can tell they don't make them for the B3.

$2200 for a set for the BP.
              Well, certainly not off the shelf. "We pride ourselves in being able to manufacture just about any piston when other companies may so no because it does not fit into their mold of manufacturing."
              Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Once again...price

You gonna pay two or three grand for a set of pistons for your festiva?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Thanks guys! All good input. I was thinking it would be great to have a one stop place for all the things you are looking for. If someone makes mounts, the store could buy them in sets of like 5 from the supplier and then resell them as the customers came in. That way for the guys that build them, they can do a batch and get paid right away for them. Other things would be an economy of scales: the store can buy things in bulk at a discount and resell them for less than what an individual could get them for.
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                    READY TO RUN its a very popular term in the Remote Control scene
                    That I was wondering if he was refering to. So basically you buy mounts and wiring harness from the the store and just install them, rather than hunting down the parts you need to get the job done. Some of that could be done with cores like for the wiring harnesses. I think that is definitely doable.
                    The Festiva Store

Comment

Once again...price

You gonna pay two or three grand for a set of pistons for your festiva?
                      That wasn't your original question. Back on topic, I have some trepidation about the ability of this community to support such a venture, but I would love to be proven wrong by the ownership group at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                        That wasn't your original question. Back on topic, I have some trepidation about the ability of this community to support such a venture, but I would love to be proven wrong by the ownership group at large.
                        The business can't be ran as a primary business for income, but rather as a side hobby for a festiva lover. As long as all buyers realize the store can't be my source of income do to the limited number of buyers, it would make things alot easier. The investment required for inventory is expensive, and the return on most items is minimal.
                        The Festiva Store

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                          I have been toying with an idea lately and wanted to get some input from some of the members. If there was to be a replacement to FMS, what would you guys like to see in regards to what the store would carry? Just aftermarket and performance, or also standard replacement parts that you can get at Rockauto and numerous other outlets?

I don't want to use this thread to bash FMS: Roger provided a great service while he was in business. The largest detriment to the business was communication, of which I am aware. A function website with the ability to order online and ask questions by email is important.

Let me know your thoughts.
                          The only problem I foresee with something like this is price's. Not all but many people who own Festy's don't want to fork out ANY cash.They have the mentality- "I just bought this car for $350,and there's now way I'm spending $280 on new tires". Then there is the Hardcore group who will not complain about price. You would would want to find a way to cater to both. And even worse some people are just plain ignorant and will bad mouth the price.When in reality they have no clue about quality & manufacturing costs."Cheap parts aren't good,and good parts taint cheap".Is a truth that sometimes people never can understand. I hope this works out for you and I will support your efforts whenever possible :thumbs_up:
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

It might be better if someone where just able to buy a big piece of land for salvaged festivas. Like a festiva recycler.

Comment

I'd like to make a product for the store. Would anyone be interested in a water methanol stand-alone computer for tuning and enrichment under boost. That way you could tune for boost but keep the factory computer where it's at.
                              Last edited by bhearts; 10-29-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I am the only electronics technician in this bunch. I'm sure I could add something fancy for those tech savy

Comment

Working...
                                X