dissecting a GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by william View Post
    Tom read this. Lots of awesome info here.
    http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
    I clicked on the link. very interesting. When you click on vehicle make and model, of course no Festiva. I used a 1990 Civic for reference and the package they want to sell you weighs 105 lbs. 105 LBS!
    I think I will look further.....ty1
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

How were you able to locate this Gtx? Ive been searching for either a Gtx or Slx funtop for sale and haven't been able to find any in my searches. Also would love to see more pictures of your Festiva!
      Last edited by nutoofestiva; 01-22-2017, 07:41 PM.
      93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
      89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
      2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

Here are some GTX pics I found on a for sale.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-22-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Here are some GTX pics I found on a for sale.
          Can they be converted to left hand drive easily?ty1
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I wouldnt mind the right hand drive as ive always wanted one. But I still cant seem to find one for sale. I know a while back there were a couple in Vancouver BC but no current listings

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              both JDM Festivas came with this "mini" battery. hard to tell by the pics but it is taller and narrower than the 35 size in a US Festy. the posts are very small diam. even the tray is smaller.
              the good is 18.6# weight compared to the 25.4# 35. the bad is trying to find a replacement at a decent price when the time comes.

anyone on here ever try one of these batteries. The ones that I installed in motorcycles weighed only about 2 lbs.
              Unlock the future of power storage with Shorai Power's lightweight lithium batteries. Experience enhanced efficiency and extended lifespan today.

Comment

this seems to be a little bigger than a cycle bat. rumour is that Honda used this size in some US cars. i can go to standard US spec battery but don't want to hack up the harness with new cables to accept the bigger top posts. don't know how old this one is or capacity. everything is in Japanese.

Comment

You can probably find a Deka battery in the correct size for less than 80 bucks new, and they are AGM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by nutoofestiva View Post
                    I wouldnt mind the right hand drive as ive always wanted one. But I still cant seem to find one for sale. I know a while back there were a couple in Vancouver BC but no current listings
                    I know a guy selling a funtop on Vancouver island for 3000$ it is not listed though. I bought a cheaper one of of him instead haha

Comment

Any contact info for this car?

Comment

This thread needs an update!
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                        X