No announcement yet.

DISGUSTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had something similar happen and it's crummy that people don't communicate better. I found a car on CL, settled on a price with the owner, settled on a general time frame to go look at it (It was 8 hours away and I had to rearrange my work schedule) and the guy sends me this text later asking if I'm still planning on showing up, I say "yes" and ask if he has another interested buyer, he replies "no, just wants to know when to keep my schedule open". OK. I have my day and time officially set and I call just to doublecheck, make sure that time works for him. Don't hear back. He won't answer phone, text, email. I call a few more times. Finally picks up his phone, says "I sold it" then hangs up on me. The thing to do would have been to leave me a message like: "someone showed up ca$h in hand, bought the car, sorry you rearranged your schedule, but just lettin' ya know it's goooooone". My guess is dude is in his early 20s. The 20 something I talked to before that dude was given the car by his uncle; I asked how many owners it had and what kind of maintenance/repairs - NORMAL car buying questions. He said he didn't know. I was like, "dude, just call your Uncle Bob or whatever and ask". He flat our refused to "bother" his uncle with it. It sucks these cars end up in their hands and then you have to try negotiating with them. And then decide wether you can deal with their twerpy "mods". This car had a hood scoop on it and I asked if it was turbo charged and he was like "lol, no, I just put that on there cuz it looks cool". He also painted parts of the dash with what looked like red nail polish. it looked pretty bad. well not my problem! just unfortunate! Don't worry, keep your chin up, you'll find your dream Festiva! Just avoid those dealerships.

Comment

Yeah its called common courtesy and people don't have it anymore I know people sell cars to make money, BUT if I knew someone was coming 8 hours to look at it. I would make sure that person had the opportunity before the locals

Comment

Right? Regardless of who is driving furthest, if you sell it, let the other interested parties know that you sold it. In a timely, courteous fashion.

Comment

Working...
        X