No announcement yet.

Water meth kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always order it from one of the injection websites. I think it sells for 15 a gallon pre mixed. Which is crazy. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah...that's ridiculous, lol. It's definitely under $4 a gallon buying a single drum. Probably half that if you own a drum and can find a pump (or I have seen it as high as close to $3 that way). And that's full strength. So $15 a gallon for 50/50 is like a 600+% markup if they are buying by the drum.

Comment

Looked it up. Bulk methanol pricing right now is $1.05 per gallon. So it should be under $2 a gallon if you have a methanol pump near you and buy at their bulk rate. The place I go to get mine takes 50 cents per gallon off if you are buying 20+ gallons. They mark it up a lot more for guys who are just coming to buy 5 gallons.

Comment

What Zeph said. Sometimes they have methanol at municipal airports too. Most VP fuel places have it in little 5 gallons tins, but it's much cheaper if you buy it at or around a drag strip. The fuel and alky guys burn a ton of the stuff.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The shop less then a 1/4 mile away from my house will sell it to me at 3.50$ per single gallon and cheaper if i buy more at once. Plus they said call during normal hours and i can arrange for Saturday pickup! Ill take it!

I guess in a pinch i could do the walmart washer fluid.

Has anyone actually ran washer fluid? Just wanting to know if i ever need to go that route.
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Washer fluid isn't ideal, but it works. But you have to make sure it's a brand that actually uses methanol as the antifreeze. And typically look for the 30 below stuff (which I think is 30%ish). I just think of all the nasty residue it leaves if you spill it and let it dry. That ends up inside your engine. Heet in the red bottles is pure methanol, I believe. Of course you're looking at like $2-3 for a 12oz bottle of it, so that ends up being like $30 a gallon.

Comment

Stay away from washer fluid. It fouls spark plugs. Even the 30 below stuff has a very low concentration of methanol and there is a soap in it that likes to glaze plugs. I learned that the hard way.
                Red Heet is isopropyl I think, but it works pretty well. Rubbing alcohol works in a pinch. Heck, I ran half a race weekend on Tanguerey once, it smelled awesome.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  Stay away from washer fluid. It fouls spark plugs. Even the 30 below stuff has a very low concentration of methanol and there is a soap in it that likes to glaze plugs. I learned that the hard way.
                  Red Heet is isopropyl I think, but it works pretty well. Rubbing alcohol works in a pinch. Heck, I ran half a race weekend on Tanguerey once, it smelled awesome.
                  You're not kidding. Lol. That's great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X