Bought a B6T Turnkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
    This is like waiting at the doctors office !! Mike , where are the pictures ? Mike , wake up Mike !!!
    I'm sure he's had donuts and coffee by now. And he's knees are kinda jittery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a blast today! Lucifer is one nasty ride. When it hooks up in 2nd its kinda intimidating. Im used to bikes being fast but not really fast cars. I have to do some on the fly tunning and rewiring but the car RUNS! The name Lucifer fits perfectly. The car is just mean and nasty!

I got the chance to show up a couple mustang gt's, other mazda's, a G6, and a truck.

When she bites in 2nd it gets nuts. I didnt have the water meth running. Its set to come on at 4psi. Down low i can fell it on or off. but once in thr upper gears it floods the motor. So i have it off until i can get a new 10psi switch.

lucifer 1.jpglucifer 2.jpglucifer 3.jpg
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I found a car show but was to late to enter. I quickly had my own show around me! I already have my front suspension and enkeis on it. I will need to trade my achrilles for some 205 r888 tho. The stock brakes were scary at over 100+ Got my 03 rio swap on it now. The enkeis look great on it.

It stall out under full load in thrid. Ill havr to dig into that issue more.

i catch up to a 5.0 and rev at him and the dud looks over and has a good laugh. He punches it and thinks hes gone. I was in 2nd and just in boost. I blew past him with easy. At the next light i got nothing out of him. Not even a single look my way.

I for sure want to go to a 2554r or a 2560 turbo tho. 4th and 5th pull but not enough. Ill need some more power.

What a joy!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          I found a car show but was to late to enter. I quickly had my own show around me! I already have my front suspension and enkeis on it. I will need to trade my achrilles for some 205 r888 tho. The stock brakes were scary at over 100+ Got my 03 rio swap on it now. The enkeis look great on it.

It stall out under full load in thrid. Ill havr to dig into that issue more.

i catch up to a 5.0 and rev at him and the dud looks over and has a good laugh. He punches it and thinks hes gone. I was in 2nd and just in boost. I blew past him with easy. At the next light i got nothing out of him. Not even a single look my way.

I for sure want to go to a 2554r or a 2560 turbo tho. 4th and 5th pull but not enough. Ill need some more power.

What a joy!
          Sounds like your methanol nozzle might be puddling. If is coming on too early in higher gears, there might not be enough airflow yet. Do you know what size it is

Last edited by bhearts; 04-17-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

No. I know the kit that's in it comes with 3 different nozzles. He might have put a bigger one on it by mistake. Either way I need to raise the boost switch psi and look at a new nozzle

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

good ol hobbs switches. they make adjustable pressure ones you might look in to. so you can play with where it comes on at. i like some of the options that methanol injection kits have these days. one controller can inject based on fuel injector duty cycle. others can inject based on boost pressure. on the controller you select when you want to start spraying, and when you want to stop. so like on at 5psi, full pressure by 15, so then it scales up injection based on boost pressure.

Comment

I need that Studebaker in the background of post 77.

Comment

How's the exhaust though?

Comment

The exhaust is fine. Down low in 1-3 it's loud if the passenger window is down. Not to loud but close. On the road and moving you can keep it nearly quite. Makes it sound like a MI or exhaust leak ish. I like it tho. When I get on it it comes to life. Plus it's a good conversation starter. Also a good WTF is that-WTF is in that car looks
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

In an effort to turn down the boost i have found out that the waste gate must be stock. It will hold boost until the upper rpm then creeps hard and fast to around 20. It doesnt matter what i set the MBC to. At full in it still creeps to 20. The 3" exhaust is just a bit big i guess. I will port out one of my other turbos and before race season start swap them out. I want to limit the boost to 16 and have little to no creep.

I just want the turbo to last a while! I have had my fun now its time to cool it off a bit.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                        No. I know the kit that's in it comes with 3 different nozzles. He might have put a bigger one on it by mistake. Either way I need to raise the boost switch psi and look at a new nozzle

All 3 sizes will be too big. You'll need to special order the smallest size they make. The water meth will make the boost creep even worse, so keep that in mind. Porting the wastegate will help, but you'll ultimately want a full exhaust to stop the creep issue until you can get a better turbo or an external gate.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Full exhaust! How about a 3" straight pipe? Exhaust is wide open right now

1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It needs chocked down to at least 2 inch at some point . This will be an on going issue until you do that . Anything over 16 is taking like from that turbo and you have most likely already cracked the manifold . Sorry for the bad news..
                            New build on the way .

Comment

Rob is right.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                                It needs chocked down to at least 2 inch at some point . This will be an on going issue until you do that . Anything over 16 is taking like from that turbo and you have most likely already cracked the manifold . Sorry for the bad news..
                                Is there a formula for this. Certain minimum size for set amount of horsepower. Or only if you're internally gated?

Comment

Working...
                                X