Firewall wire routing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall wire routing...

Whats the easiest way to route wires to the engine compartment from the passenger compartment?
    I don't like going thru the driver side quarter panel, real PITA to get to from engine compartment...
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Speedo cable opening
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

If you don't have A/C, then on the passenger side of the firewall, in the engine bay, you will see two plastic plugs for the A/C lines. In the passenger area, they are covered by carpeting, but that's no problem to just pull away.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        If you don't have A/C, then on the passenger side of the firewall, in the engine bay, you will see two plastic plugs for the A/C lines. In the passenger area, they are covered by carpeting, but that's no problem to just pull away.
        So mine has A/C lines that are no longer in use, they are just sticking through the Firewall. How hard is it to pull them out? I remember trying to take a Festiva Dash apart many years ago when I was just a young lad but did not succeed.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

The a/C unit is a separate piece for the Festiva so you can remove the evaporator box without tearing the whole dash out. You will have to loosen it and swing the passenger side out a little though for clearance.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Cool, probably shed a couple extra pounds that isn't being used.
            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
            sigpic
            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Niiice, thanks all!
              1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Working...
              X