X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FourGreen?
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Its a US based importer of car parts. Mainly Hyundai and Kia. http://www.fourgreen.com/store/Scripts/default.asp
      Last edited by gergorian; 12-11-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I found it a while ago - but I have little idea yet how to separate out the spacers or spacer sets that would be needed for Aspire, Festiva, Capri, and similar steering knuckles. Maybe they can be machined or found another way, possibly there were overstocked parts that Ford dealerships dumped on an industrial liquidator for example.

But I would have to go to someone I know at another site to get ford part numbers for the spacers of each size and then look from there. It happens I know a retired parts guy who took all his parts manuals and other data with him when he left

Comment

Spacers are still available from kia as far as I know . Ford may also have them but I'm not sure.
          From kia get them for a rio .

Comment

Which Rio?

* If Ford has them, I bet they FORD PRICED them too...

I think I've about figured out a jig I can make to drive out my hubs that will be supported by a pair of jack stands.

It will use a chunk of 4x4 with eye bolts or something to suspend a knuckle beneath it, with a hole bored in it to drive a wooden dowel or some kind of punch through.

I'm still thinking over the simplest and best way to do it without mangling anything or having to pend more money than the average Joe would want to.

Done right - I plan to come up with something simple, easy, and that you could build out of scrap even if you broke down in La Paz or somewhere
            Last edited by Greywolf; 12-11-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I use a socket and one or 2 wakes of a hammer to remove the hub.
              For the rio
              I believe 01-05
              01-02 are just like the aspire hubs and late 02-05 have bigger breaks but use the same bearings and hub with the addition of studs on the later hub.
              I haven't had the late and early knuckles side by side to see what was changed but I would assume mounts for the caliper where changed for the lager rotors. Someone else here probably know and can set me straight.
              Last edited by william; 12-11-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Part numbers

And just in case you’re interested here are the part numbers for the 21 standard spacers as per Fourgreen. The shim number in the parts list is a portion of the part number which I've highlighted in bold and blue. I checked both the Aspire and Festiva parts list and they are the same part numbers so I think it's safe to assume the Capri ones are as well.

MB00133041
                MB00233041
                MB00333041
                MB00433041
                MB00533041
                MB00633041
                MB00733041
                MB00833041
                MB00933041
                MB01033041
                MB01133041
                MB01233041
                MB01333041
                MB01433041
                MB01533041
                MB01633041
                MB01733041
                MB01833041
                MB01933041
                MB02033041
                MB02133041

I post a photo when my order arrives!
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                  And just in case you’re interested here are the part numbers for the 21 standard spacers as per Fourgreen. The shim number in the parts list is a portion of the part number which I've highlighted in bold and blue. I checked both the Aspire and Festiva parts list and they are the same part numbers so I think it's safe to assume the Capri ones are as well.

MB00133041
                  MB00233041
                  MB00333041
                  MB00433041
                  MB00533041
                  MB00633041
                  MB00733041
                  MB00833041
                  MB00933041
                  MB01033041
                  MB01133041
                  MB01233041
                  MB01333041
                  MB01433041
                  MB01533041
                  MB01633041
                  MB01733041
                  MB01833041
                  MB01933041
                  MB02033041
                  MB02133041

I post a photo when my order arrives!
                  That's awesome info to have!

Comment

It is!

I hope this thread gets listed in the sticky for "How to Do Stuff"

Wow - if those are indeed the right ones, they have all twenty one of them in stock. They are listed as either a dollar and fourteen cents or a dollar and fifty two cents each except spacer twenty one, which is listed at $2.51 (US Dollars)

I also see that you can search them as Kia PRIDE "SPACER-FRONT WHEEL"

I'm going to take a wild guess and say spacer # 07, 08, and 09 are the most commonly ordered because they are the only three they show a picture of.
                    Last edited by Greywolf; 12-12-2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I had the parts department at work call up to the kia dealer and run #mb00133041. My price (cost + 10%) was $5.60 didn't ask about availability. Even after the more expensive shipping options four green is like 2 bucks cheaper per shim.
                      Last edited by shorestiva; 12-12-2016, 09:48 AM.
                      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

That's if they really are the same shim. How can we confirm that Pride=Aspire=Festiva=Capri?

My gut tells me it is, but it's better to pedantic than embarrassed
                        Last edited by Greywolf; 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Pride, Festiva and Aspire are all the same for sure. Capri is the one I'm not so sure on.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Capri and bf 323 are the same as well. I've used Festiva spacers in capri and aspire and GTX knuckles.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yes, all use Set 11 bearings.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ford has a separate part # for Aspire spacers (F4BZ) which is strange since Kia Avella, early Rio, and Pride use the same spacers. the Festiva and Capri are the same part #s. the 121 and early (BF) 323s used the same so you can get spacers from Mazda here also.
                                if you have access to a machine shop or machinist or have the right equipment you could save some money and order the thickest spacer and turn it down till it mices at what you need.
                                here is a list of the Festiva/Capri #s followed by the 121/323 part#s

Comment

Working...
                                X